Systems Management Specialist
- Support the process of deploying TrakCare build/releases/patches in accordance with agreed processes and procedures.
- Ensure that service level metrics are monitored, reviewed and reported on a regular basis, and that the necessary steps are taken to resolve any issues or negative trends that may be identified.
- Ensure that operational acceptance criteria for solutions being handed over from deliver teams into operations are met, as part of the hand-over process.
- Help on the installations for TrakCare & Clinicom on internal environments
- Track server-related issues, troubleshoot and remedy hardware issues and manage RMA processes with various vendors.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and performance analysis for implementations
- Support and test of TrakCare internal and external utilities, e.g. patching tool, print service, etc.
- Monitor and respond to Technical Team calls on the TRC logging system
- Work with Presales for technical request such as architecture, configuration, hardware sizing, etc. Including presentations of the solution to prospects
- Produce technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles and how-to’s
- Participate in on-site technical training if required
- Take on responsibility for scripting, maintenance and verification of backups
Experience & Qualifications
- Good knowledge and experience of Linux server administration and shell scripting
- Good knowledge and experience of VMware vSphere 6.5 with vCenter configuration and administration.
- Proven complex troubleshooting experience
- Primary administration of servers covering installations, upgrades and day-to-day maintenance and operation
- Creating documentation for the successful support of the service in the production environment and coordinating handover of the service to the technical support team
- Building servers to Group standards for the installation of additional software to create the service. All servers require a high degree of reliability and redundancy in their builds. Documenting the server build for confirmation that standards are kept is part of this task.
- Creating implementation plans for the testing of new services and creating change records as required.
- Providing a support function to the service project while development is being carried out on the service by other teams
- Working with other technical projects teams to coordinate efforts to bring the service through testing successfully and then into production
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with installing, configuration and managing InterSystems Caché Databases
- Knowledgeable in InterSystems Caché script programming language
- Good network skills (layers 2 and 3) and experience.
- Puppet or Chef configuration and management
- Strong scripting skills (Perl, Python).
- VMWare qualifications (VCP would be a bonus).
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?