Systems Management Specialist
In support of this growth, we are looking for a Systems Management Specialist to help us implement and support our managed application environments.
The role will provide technical support during implementation and ongoing support of our hosted and managed applications.
- Support the process of deploying TrakCare build/releases/patches in accordance with agreed processes and procedures.
- Ensure that service level metrics are monitored, reviewed and reported on a regular basis, and that the necessary steps are taken to resolve any issues or negative trends that may be identified.
- Ensure that operational acceptance criteria for solutions being handed over from deliver teams into operations are met, as part of the hand-over process.
- Provide technical support for all areas of hosted services; ensure the timely resolution of incidents and/or problems affecting hosted solutions and deploy approved changes and/or updates as required.
- Hands-on administration and maintenance of hosted servers and related infrastructure (firewalls, switches, storage etc) including pro-active fixing of potential incidents.
- Track server-related issues, troubleshoot and remedy hardware issues and manage RMA processes with various vendors.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and performance analysis for implementations.
- Support and test of TrakCare internal and external utilities, e.g. patching tool, print service, etc.
- Monitor and respond to technical team calls on the TRC logging system.
- Assistance to Presales for any technical request such as architecture, configuration, hardware sizing etc
- Produce technical documentation such as system administration, reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles and how-to’s.
- Participate in on-site technical training if required.
- Take on responsibility for scripting, maintenance and verification of backups.
Experience & Qualifications
- Good knowledge and experience of Linux server administration and shell scripting
- Good knowledge and experience of VMware vSphere 6.5 with vCenter configuration and administration.
- Service monitoring and alerting (Nagios preferred).
- Recent experience in providing 24x7 support for production services.
- Proven complex troubleshooting experience.
- Primary administration of servers covering installations, upgrades and day-to-day maintenance and operation.
- Creating documentation for the successful support of the service in the production environment and coordinating handover of the service to the technical support team.
- Building servers to Group standards for the installation of additional software to create the service. All servers require a high degree of reliability and redundancy in their builds. Documenting the server build for confirmation that standards are kept is part of this task.
- Creating implementation plans for the testing of new services and creating change records as required.
- Providing a support function to the service project while development is being carried out on the service by other teams.
- Working with other technical projects teams to coordinate efforts to bring the service through testing successfully and then into production.
- Experience with installing, configuration and managing InterSystems Caché Databases.
- Knowledgeable in InterSystems Caché script programming language.
The following skills are not critical for the role, but would add value:
- Good network skills (layers 2 and 3) and experience.
- Avamar & DataDomain Experience.
- Cisco UCS blade server infrastructure experience.
- Load balancing (F5 Big-IP skills would be a bonus).
- Puppet or Chef configuration and management.
- Strong scripting skills (Perl, Python).
- VMWare qualifications (VCP would be a bonus).
- Service Now experience.
Education & Training
- University degree or equivalent work experience.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?