Solution Operations Engineer
The Solution Operations Engineer is responsible for the ongoing availability, performance and security of InterSystems’ hosted and managed solutions. The role includes support for InterSystems healthcare products such as TrakCare, Personal Community and HealthShare, as well as other service elements required to provide a fully managed service.
- Ensure that all service components are monitored 24x7 for availability, capacity and performance using agreed tools and processes. Ensure that monitoring events are prioritized based on urgency and importance and result in agreed outcomes e.g. 24x7 call-out as per agreed event management process.
- Ensure that service metrics are reviewed and reported on a regular basis and that steps are taken to resolve any issues or negative trends that may be identified.
- Respond to incidents and troubleshoot them - independently and using multiple data sources where required - in a timely manner, as per agreed incident management processes. Complete detailed, logically consistent RCA reviews.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rota and out-of-hours activities where required.
- Ensure that regular operational and compliance checks are completed e.g. daily, monthly and yearly checks including backups, security testing and disaster recovery, using agreed procedures.
- Complete service requests within agreed timelines as per agreed request management process.
- Pro-actively identify potential and/or actual issues affecting operational services and address them using agreed processes and operating procedures.
- Support the deployment of changes and releases into managed environments in line with agreed processes and standards.
- Support the automation of tasks using agreed tools and/or scripting as per automation strategy.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of providing operational support in mission critical hosted and/or managed service environments, ideally with ITIL or ISO20000 compliance.
- Good technical skills with expert-level, hands-on support for as many as possible of the following:
- Linux systems administration (RHEL 6 or above preferred)
- VMWare systems administration (6.x or above preferred)
- Storage and backup environments
- Nagios or similar monitoring tools
- Configuration management
- Good troubleshooting experience across complex environments
- Good experience with scripting, automation and cloud deployment
- University degree or equivalent work experience
As an equal opportunities employer, InterSystems does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our organisation.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?