Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Why Join HYCU?
HYCU is the fastest-growing leader in the multi-cloud data protection as a service industry. By bringing true SaaS-based data backup and recovery to both on-premises and cloud-native environments, the company provides unparalleled data protection, migration, disaster recovery and ransomware protection to thousands of companies worldwide. As an award-winning and recognized visionary in the industry, HYCU solutions eliminate complexity, risk and the high cost of legacy- based solutions, providing data protection simplicity to make the world safer. With an industry- leading NPS score of 91, customers experience frictionless, cost-effective data protection, anywhere, everywhere. HYCU has raised $140M in VC funding to date and is based in Boston, Mass. Learn more at www.hycu.com.
This is an exciting new role and opportunity to be a key member of our international accounting team, supporting a global, dynamic and high-growth organization in the software industry. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and will play an important role in driving the monthly close process to ensure a high quality, accurate and efficient close that enables HYCU to meet its internal and external reporting and filing timelines, while helping ensure that our books and records are maintained and presented in compliance with all relevant regulatory guidelines.
A key goal for the Senior Accountant will be to contribute to continuous improvements in our financial close and reporting processes. This position will also play an important role in collaborating with our counterparts across the globe and stakeholders across HYCU on our financial policies and processes. This role will partner with the international team for global consolidation and will also partner with other functional teams to ensure adequate touchpoints and drive an accurate and accelerated close process. This individual should also be able to identify and provide solutions for process challenges, wherever possible. The successful candidate will be comfortable challenging the status quo, driving meaningful change, managing through uncertainty and supporting a high-growth fast-paced organization.
- Boston, MA (hybrid)
What You’ll Do:
- Partnering with our international accounting team, this person will be one of the key contributors in the monthly close and financial reporting process
- Responsible for preparing monthly journal entries, key account reconciliations and variance analyses, while ensuring accuracy and adherence to US GAAP and other relevant regulatory guidelines
- Review of all relevant contracts to identify accounting implications and understand how to properly recognize the resulting expense and/or revenue based on applicable and relevant accounting standards (specifically ASC 606, as it relates to revenue recognition)
- Support process improvements across the accounting department, both domestically and internationally, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and GL/Financial Statement Close processes, and support implementation of accounting-related systems/applications where necessary
- Support the team through external financial audits, including preparation of PBCs (prepared by client schedules) for those audits and related financial statements
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with key counterparts across the business, including HR, Sales & Marketing, Operations, and R&D personnel and serve as a key contact person to support the needs of the fellow employees
- Ensure adequate and timely touchpoints with our key business partners to identify and properly record accruals and other new and significant transactions agreements, including those related to new accounting standards
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA and Big 4 public accounting firm experience preferred
- 4+ years of public accounting or combined public accounting and industry experience; software/technology industry experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and experience running a quarter-end close and reporting process
- Experience with software revenue recognition, specifically accounting for sales transactions in accordance with ASC 606
- Experience with financial systems including Navision, NetSuite & Salesforce and other accounting ERP systems.
- Proactive, responsive and timely problem solver with project management skills, strong attention to detail, organized, drives processes and meets deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to strategize solutions and solve problems
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
- Proven ability to thrive in a global fast-paced, multi-functional team environment while having a proactive mindset
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, willing to “Roll-up your sleeves” to drive and deliver results and improve processes
- A “builder” - someone who isn’t afraid to offer a solution to a problem and who can implement and act on those solutions in order to solve day-to-day problems
Who We Are:
Our Core Values: Authenticity, Grit and Empathy are at the heart of everything we do at HYCU. All of us at HYCU take ownership in shaping and contributing to our culture. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive and diverse company that supports our employees and customers to do extraordinary things.
The following is how we approach each Core Value:
- Authenticity – To be authentic means to be who we are and do it well. Focus your energy on being who YOU are. Be true to yourself. Authenticity also extends to our products. Understanding where we are truly the best fit for our customers and when we are not. And finally, authenticity in relationships: ensuring that we are honest and do what we say we’re going to do.
- Grit – To win we need to want it. Every team member needs to be able to jump in and help at every turn. Whether it’s staying late to help a colleague or customer or finding a better process and making sure it’s communicated cross-functionally. You just have to do it and love it…and never stop trying.
- Empathy – We need to care about each other, about our clients, about our business, and about the world around us. That might seem like a tall order, but if we don’t live in a constant state of empathy, if we don’t strive to truly put ourselves in another person’s shoes, we cannot truly serve the market.
"We are at our best when we stay true to our Core Values."~ Simon Taylor, CEO
What We Offer:
HYCU provides an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K match, generous time off, and more. We offer career development programs and an inclusive global culture. All our employees participate in our equity program.