Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Software Engineer, Enterprise Integrations (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
At ezCater, we value technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver above and beyond customer experience. As we expand our Engineering team, we are looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering real impact to the business.
Do you enjoy working on systems that are directly used by customers?
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Enterprise Integrations engineering team, you’ll be building and maintaining new and existing internal integrations for ezCater’s corporate partners. In this role, you will work closely with your product counterparts to allow our corporate customers to leverage HRIS, expense, and billing software that support their business needs.
What You'll Do:
- Join a team that is focused on delighting our customers, executing the organization's mission, and propelling our business forward. Build products using Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, React, Typescript, Next.js and other technologies.
- Own and maintain integration systems related to invoicing, billing, expense, and procurement.
- Respond to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products and identifying areas that would benefit from new initiatives.
- Partner with data technology to turn data models into user-facing features
- Decompose problems, design technical solutions, and work with other talented engineers to implement, test, and evaluate your team’s work.
- Communicate with your team to ensure mission clarity and provide technical direction.
- Improve our user experience by increasing the capability and efficiency of our systems and products based on research, data, and metrics.
- Share ideas for improving the product, technology, and/or process.
- Operate with scale and speed embracing new challenges and contributing to the development lifecycle.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
What You Have:
- Fullstack experience on a product engineering team, experience with integrating with external APIs that span cross functional domains a plus.
- Proficiency with fullstack technologies: Ruby on Rails,GraphQL, nice to have React/Typescript, and additional object-oriented languages.
- Strong skills with SQL and relational databases.
- A product mindset - you enjoy building systems that real people will use, with an attention to detail and empathy for the end user.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a drive to produce quality documentation
- A growth mindset, a strong appetite for learning and an ability to leverage what you learn to continuously improve our codebase and platforms.
- An appreciation for the craft of coding, with opinions derived from this appreciation.
- A friendly, flexible, pragmatic disposition, and a good sense of humor (especially puns!).
- 5+ years of development experience in a production codebase
The national cash compensation range for this role is $141,000 - $175,000*.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.