Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Staff Software Engineer, Events & Tracking (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
Staff Engineers at ezCater provide technical leadership in domains with a high degree of business or technical complexity. As a key leader on our Platform Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity and responsibility to set the direction of our core systems for years to come, focusing your attention both on the capabilities of our user tracking and events governance systems, and on the leverage those systems can provide to our products and our business.
You’ll help to lead and mentor a team responsible for those systems at ezCater, serving a wide variety of internal and external customers. You’ll develop strong partnerships with leaders in our product, engineering, and business teams, and you’ll play a key role in product and technical decision-making both in your scope of responsibility and outside of it.
What You'll Do:
- Develop standards for events and tracking systems at ezCater, using your expertise and guidance to improve our systems.
- Define the strategy for managing our user data in live systems and buying experiences and translating that data into our downstream consumers, including data warehouses and customer data platform.
- Put domain-driven design principles into practice as we modularize our backend platform.
- Be a visionary leader providing guidance and mentorship to your teammates across the organization.
- Raise the bar for software construction, delivery, and quality and the expectations of what is achievable within the engineering organization.
- Work as a team player in an Agile Scrum environment to drive smooth iterations of value alongside teammates and cross-functional partners.
What You Have:
- 7+ years of professional development experience.
- Knowledge of user tracking and customer data systems, including Reverse ETL and Customer Data Platform systems.
- A distributed systems mindset, and experience working both with service oriented architectures and monolithic applications.
- A strong appetite for learning, and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products and other engineers better.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills, and a drive to produce quality documentation and partner effectively with other engineers and cross-functional partners.
- An eagerness and willingness to give and receive feedback, because we all love learning from each other and we believe in the power of growth mindsets.
- A friendly, flexible and pragmatic disposition.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience in the e-commerce domain and two-sided marketplaces in particular, especially those with multiple frontend clients.
- Experience with GraphQL Federations, and particularly Apollo Federation.
- Experience with event-driven architectures and streaming data platforms (e.g Kafka).
- Experience with orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience integrating with various third party APIs.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $180,000 - $227,000*.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.