Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Engineering Manager, Menu Core Services (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
Senior Engineering Managers at ezCater manage domains with a high degree of business or technical complexity. In the case of the Senior Engineering Manager for Menu Core Services, it’s both! As a key leader on our Platform Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity and responsibility to set the direction of our core systems for years to come, focusing your attention both on the capabilities of our menu platform and on the leverage those systems can provide to our products and our business.
You’ll hire, lead, mentor, and grow a team responsible for Menus and Catalogs systems at ezCater, serving a wide variety of internal and external customers. You’ll develop strong partnerships with leaders in our product, engineering, and business teams, and you’ll play a key role in product and technical decision-making both in your scope of responsibility and outside of it.
What You'll Do:
- Build, lead, and mentor a highly capable team of software engineers. You will be empowered to grow rising engineering leaders to become strong and high-performing managers.
- Be a thought partner with the Directors of Engineering in all aspects of the business, pressure-testing ideas while bringing your own creativity to the conversations.
- Lead cross-functional projects that may require multiple teams, staff engineers, and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the overall success of the engineering manager cohort across the organization through leading by example, collaborating on best practices, and mentoring engineering managers.
- Build, lead, and mentor an exceptional team of software engineers, leading conversations, and cultivating execution and decision-making; all while delighting our customers and propelling our team of engineers to execute projects.
- Drive the execution of our vision by translating business requirements into technical solutions. Ensuring our products are robust and adhere to the engineering standards while meeting our goals.
- Leverage your technical expertise and communication skills to collaborate with product managers and other engineering teams in the organization to influence our systems and roadmaps.
- Operate with scale and speed, determining the ideal development lifecycle, technical design, and approach for new and existing solutions. Ensuring best practices for software development are followed while delivering high-quality work by fostering pragmatism and urgency.
- Contribute technically: Brainstorm with engineers, design solutions, and review PRs.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
What You Have:
- Creativity to think outside the norm while pressure testing multiple solutions for large-scale projects.
- Ability to assess and grow highly specialized engineers and/or full stack and how that affects team dynamics.
- A passion for building and growing high-performing teams, prior management experience, and a desire to be an impactful leader.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring the performance metrics for our applications and systems.
- Extensive full-stack web development experience. Ideally, from an eCommerce and/or SAAS setting. Working knowledge of modern server-side and client-side frameworks. Ruby, Rails, and React would be a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- Flexible growth mindset, you’re willing to do what it takes to adapt your team and power them for success.
- Goal orientation and a record of success leading leaders and engineers.
- Curiosity and a desire to build products that matter through continual learning of industry trends and best practices associated with technology and managing people.
- A desire to collaborate with strong engineers and engineering leaders to continually improve a mature engineering team. A sharp mind, a soft heart, and a large funny bone.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $192,000 - $248,000 per year.*
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.