Onboarding Specialist (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
Our 100k+ restaurants partners all began their journey at ezCater with a first impression, and our Onboarding Specialists make up the team responsible for creating that first impression today. When restaurants seek to join our platform, our Onboarding Specialists evaluate them and bring their account parameters to life - transcribing everything from their delivery parameters to details about how their menu needs to be set up. Each restaurant partner’s individual account setup requires an incredible amount of detail, quality, and consistency in order to enable the restaurant to go live and fulfill orders successfully.
And what does the actual onboarding process look like? Our Onboarding team is responsible for upholding our onboarding requirements and qualifying the inbound restaurants that are interested in joining our platform. From there, they process the restaurant addition through direct phone & email communication with the restaurant. The Onboarding team is also responsible for building out the restaurant’s profile in our homegrown system, reviewing the work of our account automation tools, communicating cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders, and working within project management frameworks for larger restaurant onboarding rollouts.
When all is said and done, our Onboarding Specialists are the ultimate experts in the account setup of our restaurant partners, from the smallest mom & pop indies to the largest enterprise chains. In this role you will learn the ins & outs of our system and help us make it better.
As an Onboarding Specialist, you will:
- Transcribe: You’ll work with our internal onboarding form & sales team to translate data points into Freedom to create stores.
- Prioritize: You’ll juggle multiple work streams along with competing stakeholder priorities and SLAs.
- Uphold: We have onboarding requirements that are proven to set our partners up for success. We’ll need you to be well versed and comfortable with explaining “the why” behind the requirements and upholding them, both internally and externally.
- Communicate: You’ll work with restaurant partners directly who want to expand their footprint on our Marketplace and you’ll need to go beyond helpful to make their experience easy and efficient.
- Collaborate: Solution-oriented feedback is our bread and butter. We’ll need your help in improving our process and tools.
- Make an Impact: You’ll make an immediate impact on our company goals and will be an essential part of the success of thousands of restaurant partners.
- Identify, test, and support the implementation of process improvements in our team tools.
- Get Scrappy: You’ll be at the forefront of the testing & implementation of new processes and we’ll need you to be nimble, solution-oriented, and vocal with feedback.
To succeed as an Onboarding Specialist, you need to be:
- Devoted to details: There are many moving pieces and you’ll need to keep track of them all.
- A confident communicator: You’ll need to be comfortable explaining our processes, standards, and timelines to our restaurant partners and prospects.
- A big-picture thinker: Our team innovates as a group, and we’ll expect you to meet us two steps ahead.
- Hungry for change: If something isn’t working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- A circus-level juggler: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks and prioritizing them feels like second nature to you.
- Tech-knowledgeable: You have experience with technical services and platforms (Zendesk & Hubspot are a plus).
- Adaptable & Inquisitive: You’re a natural problem solver - constant change is your fuel and you thrive in ambiguous situations.
- Driven towards excellence: We’ll expect you to consistently meet or exceed expectations on delegated performance objectives.
- A team player: You’ll work with teams across our department and will need to build relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure success for all parties.
Please include a cover letter, but throw everything that is ‘best practice’ about writing cover letters out the window, and please write as explicitly as possible what resonates with you about this job.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $46,000-$62,000*
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.