People Partner, Senior Manager (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
We are looking for an experienced People Partner, Senior Manager to partner with our leaders in two departments. This role will support the growth and development of the departments at all levels. If you are skilled at building genuine relationships, finding opportunities for growth, coaching leaders, leading through a DEI lens, and are excited to co-create a high performing team in a fast-paced environment, this role is for you! This position will report to the VP of People, Culture and DEI (HR).
What You'll Do:
- Leverage a coaching approach to partner to provide strategic people support, including (but not limited to) organizational design, organizational change/ optimization, people-matters, performance management, employee engagement, and talent reviews
- Assist exec leaders with developing departmental strategy and aligning strategy with departmental executionary expectations
- Serve as internal people-focused coach and consultant to the business at large when needed
- Ensure equitable, thoughtful, and consistent application of people practices, standards, ezCater programs and guidelines
- Understand the unique needs, organizational landscape and language of the Marketing and Finance departments.
- Provide insightful interpretation of guidelines, processes, and legal guardrails
- Assist in the delivery and administration skill development, including leadership coaching
- Support the execution and continuous improvement of the new hire & onboarding processes.
- Partner with the People Team on various activities including onboarding, transfers, promotions, separations, retirements, people-matters, DEI, FMLA, etc
- Conduct employee stay and exit interviews
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Use insights and experiences to influence best practices to increase employee engagement and satisfaction
- Maintain an accurate employee pulse to ensure that all employees are having consistent experiences
What You Have:
- 8+ years of increasing responsibility as a HRBP, supporting a productivity-driven customer-facing department.
- HR SME with an ability to anticipate needs and strategically respond to people or structural issues in a collaborative and timely fashion.
- A Growth Mindset and the understanding of how to apply the principles in everything you do.
- A thorough understanding of how to lead through a diverse, equitable and inclusive lens.
- Successfully engaged in courageous conversations, while maintaining integrity and rapport.
- Owned or co-owned the performance management process for a department.
- The agility to pivot in an ever changing environment, while “keeping it lite” and laughing along the way.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks with exceptional organization, follow through, and people skills.
- Demonstrated strength in building relationships both internally and externally, with a diverse group of employees at all levels.
- Experience independently managing complex employee relations/situations (people matters)
- Experience partnering with senior leaders to create organizational change, including creating a change plan and communications.
- An eagerness and willingness to give and receive feedback, because we all love learning from each other.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $150,000-$200,000 annually*
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.