Staff Product Designer, Native Apps (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
At ezCater, we care a lot about building beyond helpful products that our customers, caterers, and delivery partners love to use. We’re looking for a well-rounded Staff Product Designer who excels at distilling complex problems into delightful, holistic experiences. Someone who has a strong visual point of view and is a skillful problem solver who loves generating ideas with cross-functional partners.
As Staff Product Designer, you’ll support design for our Demand and Supply teams focused on the ordering, purchasing and catering partner experience across our iOS/Android platforms. You’ll be a key partner tasked with finding and delivering innovative solutions to some of the most complex design challenges in our space. You’ll regularly explore and refine concepts and narrow to the best design solution by weighing potential impact and feasibility with your teams.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the vision of the Demand and Supply iOS/Android platforms alongside product, analytics, research, content and engineering counterparts, while also defining how all of our products connect and work together.
- Partner with product, engineering, and research partners to establish a clear strategy and roadmap for your team.
- Advocate for user research within the team and work closely with our research and data teams to conduct user interviews and usability testing.
- Work with product managers, data analysts, research, content and engineers to develop hypotheses to test, measure, and iterate against.
- Work in Figma to deliver elegant solutions by crafting user flows, user journeys, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Contribute to moving business metrics and use qualitative and quantitative data to inform your design decisions.
- Raise the bar for the quality of design at ezCater through your design work, facilitation, design thinking and workshop skills.
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in our products and also within our organization.
What You Have:
- 6+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design.
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day design execution.
- A transparent approach to working that invites others into the process and provides a welcoming venue for feedback.
- A positive attitude and ability to provide clear feedback, as well as regularly seeking feedback on your own performance.
- Proficiency in Figma, Miro or other design and prototyping tools. You keep up with the latest tools, and are willing to share your knowledge with the team.
- Experience designing for iOS and Android.
- A strong storyteller, who’s able to bring others along through your process.
- Have experience designing with and contributing to a robust design system.
- A detailed portfolio that showcases a knack for solving complicated problems and how your work led to business and customer impact.
- Soft skills that are as well developed as your research skills.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience designing for B2B audiences or marketplaces.
- Worked in the restaurant or delivery industry.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $160,000 - $203,000.*
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.