UX Researcher, Demand (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
At ezCater, we care a lot about building beyond helpful products that our customers, caterers, and delivery partners love to use. We believe understanding people and behavior is essential to creating a remarkable product. We’re looking for a gifted collaborator and passionate user advocate who excels at uncovering insights and helping create irreplaceable products.
As a UX Researcher for Demand, you’ll support all facets of research for our Ecommerce, Native, and Platform teams. These teams focus on driving the success of how our customers discover, evaluate, and order food for work by making the ordering experience successful for both customers and partners. Your role will be to conduct qualitative and quantitative research to understand and improve the experience of our customers. As a member of the Product Design & Research team, you’ll work closely with product managers, product designers, content designers, data analysts, and other researchers to support the ongoing research needs of our product organization. You’ll regularly share insights and “aha!” moments with your partners, and facilitate conversations on how to take experiences to the next level. You’ll report directly to the Senior Manager of UX Research.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with other researchers, product, design, analytics, and marketing to define and execute on team-specific research studies for key initiatives.
- Take the data and findings and turn them into insights and actionable recommendations that will drive good results for our customers and business.
- Synthesize, summarize, and share key research findings in succinct and creative ways to a variety of stakeholders and partners.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of ezCater’s products.
- Contribute to a comprehensive system of user personas and detailed jobs-to-be-done vignettes to be shared with every employee within ezCater.
- Incorporate insights into an internal research repository that enables others to access and search for research output.
- Maintain an understanding of the market, including our competitors and their offerings.
- Regularly seek feedback to evaluate and re-calibrate on research processes, proper research tooling, and group activities.
- Contribute to a growing Product Design & Research practice by supporting a user centric culture and promoting research and its value throughout every level and department within ezCater.
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in our products and also within our organization.
What You Have:
- 2-5 years of conducting UX research for B2B / B2C web and mobile products.
- Well-rounded generative and evaluative research skills and end-to-end experience with all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruitment, moderation, analysis, reporting, and presentations).
- Hands-on experience with secondary research, iterative prototype evaluation, concept testing, unmoderated and moderated studies, and field research.
- An understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them appropriately.
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to create compelling narratives about the user journey and order journey of our key segments.
- A transparent and collaborative approach to working that invites others into the process and provides a welcoming venue for feedback.
- A positive attitude and ability to provide clear feedback, as well as regularly seek feedback on your own performance.
- Examples of case studies, topline reports, post-study analyses, and other research deliverables which demonstrate your process and how you communicate the outcomes of research and how your work led to customer and business impact.
- Soft skills that are as well developed as your research skills.
- An ability and desire to learn and grow in a fast paced environment, dealing well with ambiguity and focusing on driving impact.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience researching for B2B audiences or marketplaces.
- Worked in the restaurant and/or delivery industries.
- Experience with service design.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $125,000 - $160,000* per year.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.