Software Engineer, Delivery (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to improve the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Our culture values innovation, pragmatism, and transparency. Check out the ezCater Engineering Blog for a glimpse into our culture and team.
As we expand our team we’re seeking engineers that thrive in a forward-thinking organization and are passionate about building products that drive measurable impact, while committing quality code and deconstructing complexities. We are looking for smart, thoughtful, collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering value and impact across our business.
As a member of the Delivery team, you’ll be responsible for working on our delivery management system, which seeks to provide a scalable and reliable delivery experience for our customers. The work that you do will drive ezCater’s business for years to come as we fine tune the tools and processes that set ezCater apart in the Food Tech landscape.
What You'll Do:
- Join a team that is focused on delighting our customers and partners, executing the organization's mission, and propelling our business forward. Build products utilizing Ruby on Rails, React and GraphQL.
- Solve challenging technical problems around delivery scalability and order tracking in a way that will support our growth for the foreseeable future.
- Contribute to performance improvements and efficiencies - we believe speed is a feature and a core skill.
- Communicate with product managers, stakeholders, and engineering teams to ensure that we build the right things the right way.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
- Improve our user experience by increasing the capability and efficiency of our systems and products; based on research, data and metrics.
- Influence the team’s outcomes and direction by sharing ideas for improving the product, technology and/or process.
What You Have:
- Professional web development experience, ideally using Ruby on Rails (or a similar MVC framework).
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- Working knowledge of React Native mobile development would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of CSS fundamentals is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a drive to produce quality documentation.
- Flexible growth mindset, you’re willing to do what it takes to adapt, and you’re excited to learn a heck of a lot along the way.
- A strong appetite for learning and an ability to leverage what you learn to improve our development process.
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining a healthy team culture.
- A thirst for personal and professional growth.
- A flexible and pragmatic disposition.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $114,000 - $143,000 per year.*
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.