Data Engineer (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
Are you passionate about data? How about leveraging data to drive meaningful impact across a fast growing two-sided marketplace? Have opinions on how to best enable data scientists across a billion-dollar company to do elastic workforce planning or real-time customer lifetime value prediction? Then we should definitely talk!
The Data Technology team at ezCater is growing! As we look towards 2023 and beyond, data is a key strategic component across the company - from advanced, real-time machine learning to business intelligence and data governance. Data is our differentiator and how we will drive real, meaningful impact to the $60+billion Catering industry.
We are hiring a Data Engineer to join our expanding team in solving complex data and platform challenges to accelerate our growing business. The ideal candidate lives and breathes data while driving systems and architecture best practices. They care about driving business impact through producing solid and efficient infrastructure alongside accurate and performant data. You will have the opportunity to work directly with executive stakeholders as we embark on a massive-scale data modeling effort across the organization, so flexibility and the ability to translate business requests to implementation are key.
What you’ll do:
- Write and ship a lot of code. Mostly within dbt (SQL, Jinja)Work directly with analysts and stakeholders to refine requirements, nail down logic, and debug and qualify produced data sets to ensure they meet the underlying business needsDesign and develop high-performance data pipelines. Adhering to SDLC, including CI/CD, best practicesIdentify opportunities to optimize or scale existing parts of our stackUtilize tooling and automation to improve developer efficiency
- Monitor data systems to ensure quality and availability while seeking to drive down costs
- Contribute to the team processes and communityBe part of our innovation and transformation story
What you have:
- Experience with data warehousing, data lakes, ELT process, and enterprise data platforms such as Snowflake (preferred), Redshift & BigQuery
- Experience with building performant data pipelines across disparate systems
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS (preferred), GCP & AzureStrong in SQL and experience in PythonAbility to work independently and collaboratively
- An open mind and willingness to be flexible. We have a large and complex business, and believe in driving real value out of every project we do
- Our stack is Snowflake, dbt, Fivetran, Airflow, AWS, Sagemaker, MLFlow, Kubernetes + Docker, Monte Carlo, Hightouch and Python for custom ETL and data science integrations. Experience with the above is a nice-to-have, but a desire to learn is a must.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone
The national cash compensation range for this role is $103,000 - $117,000* per year
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.