Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Staff DevOps Engineer
Staff DevOps Engineer (Hybrid role - Guadalajara, MX)
Drift®, the Conversation Cloud company, helps businesses connect with people at the right time, in the right place with the right conversation. Using the Drift Conversation Cloud, businesses can personalize experiences that lead to more quality pipeline, revenue and lifelong customers. Drift brings Conversational Marketing, Conversational Sales and Conversational Service into a single platform that integrates chat, email and video and powers personalized experiences with artificial intelligence (AI) at all stages of the customer journey. More than 5,000 customers use Drift to deliver a more enjoyable and more human buying experience that builds trust and accelerates revenue. Representing less than 1% of unicorns led by Latino founders, Drift is building an equitable, enduring company to transform the way businesses buy from businesses.
About the role
This is a Hybrid role, which requires you to come into the office two days a week. Our office is located in Midtown, Guadalajara.
Are you passionate about empowering engineering teams to build better software more effectively? Our engineering teams truly own their services, all the way to production, and our mission is to make sure they have the tools and knowledge they need to make that work.
To make that happen, we practice GitOps. We run infrastructure in AWS and Kubernetes, and define things in code all the way down. Our CI pipeline is heavily automated and transparent. We leverage industry standards, OSS, and commercial software where it makes sense.
We need DevOps engineers who are passionate about both building tools that make it easier for developers to build things well and teaching engineers how and why to build things better.
Our Tech Stack Includes:
What you'll work on:
- Help teams understand the infrastructure and cloud services available to build on.
- Create tools for teams to test and ship their code change.
- Set standards for infrastructure cost planning. Build tools to monitor and optimize utilization
- Enable and advocate for a strong DevOps and SRE culture, where teams own their services all the way through the lifecycle
- Provide documentation, support, training, and guidance to help teams make good decisions, and to make sure that our central tools and platforms are meeting the needs of the engineering teams and the organization as a whole.
- Maintain our infrastructure and software toolchain, keeping us up to date with security and functional changes
- Help teams solve hard problems quickly and effectively
- Guides the selection of technologies to facilitate achieving business goals.
- Act as an SME in one or more technical environments or technologies, with the ability to define frameworks or standards in that technology/ technical environment that aid in creating the work products that follow best practices for those technologies/ technical environments.
Meet some of our leaders!
Whether you're an intern or a principal, you will get to work on hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique experience and specialities.
- Melissa Leffler, SVP of Engineering, joined January 2019. Melissa is building one of the best engineering teams in the business to take Drift’s products to the next level.
- Bernard Kiyanda, Sr. Director of Engineering, joined September 2019. Bernard and his team are instrumental in us expanding to our enterprise customers.
- Mate Rakic, Sr. Director of Engineering, joined in June 2018. Starting out as a Tech Lead at Drift, Mate is now leading a team of engineers to innovate the way companies engage prospective buyers and make the process frictionless across the
What you’ll be doing on the team:
Day 1 you will
- Use your onboarding time to learn how things work here and to practice writing and shipping software that makes our customers successful
- Start to dig in and get the basics down about our customers
- Learn Drift-specific systems, product information, and review paperwork (we have to get that out of the way).
- Meet with your manager to discuss what your first weeks at Drift will look like
By the end of week 1 you will
- Get to know our customer - the engineering team. We work with the rest of engineering daily and dedicate time to understanding their pains and how we can help
- Have received a first look into Drift engineering systems, culture and product process through various conversations;
- A Tour of the Drift Observability Stack
- How Product Works at Drift
- Engineering Path of Success/ Path of Failure
- Auth & Debugging at Drift
- Review of Drift SDLC
- Have transitioned from company onboarding to working on your first ship with the rest of the DevOps team
- Have your local dev environment set up and made progress (or completed!) your first ship
By the end of month 1 you’ll
- Meet with each member of centralized engineering to better understand how we work with the rest of Drift
- Work with your manager to identify and work on a series of small-to-medium projects to help you fully understand our reliability systems
- Discuss personal and professional goals with your tech lead and develop a plan to achieve those goals
- Ramp up by engaging in these product processes at Drift:
- Write your first 1-pager describing a problem to be solved by our team
- Lead a team discussion to build a plan around the 1-pager’s problem
- Begin work to solve the problem
- Once complete, celebrate the win by sharing it in our #shipyard channel
- Measure your impact!
You may be a fit for this role if you:
Enjoy working on the DevOps and SRE to solve problems and delight customers
If you're exceptional in a few areas
Take pride in creating results quickly by breaking projects down. We execute on small pieces to generate visible results
Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
Can put yourself in the shoes of our customers to craft fantastic experiences
Uphold quality standards in engineering and security.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our Founder.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.