Sales Development Representative
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role and team:
Drift’s Sales Development Representative program aims to develop a revenue pipeline for the sales team and people pipeline for the entire organization. You’ll have the chance to learn from senior leadership and the potential for future roles in sales with a rapidly changing and growing software company. This team is highly competitive and collaborative. Members of our team always want to finish first, but want their teammates to come in a very close second. You will also be required to be in one of our conversations space 1-2x per week (Boston, MA | Tampa, FL)
What you’ll be doing on the team:
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will use a combination of phone, email, video, social media and Drift to help build our sales pipeline by connecting with prospective customers, understanding their unique needs, and identifying the best way to position Drift. You’ll have the opportunity to master your sales skills in an environment that fosters continuous learning and growth.
In one month you'll
- Attend training(s) and learn the Drift story, while gaining experience with our product including learning how to use Drift for your own prospecting
- Shadow colleagues and start working on your own pitch while learning the buyer personas
- Schedule your first meeting with a target account
By month 3 you'll
- Gain a strong understanding of the industry and the personas you’ll be reaching out to in order to create messaging that will resonate with them and help you achieve your goals
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally
- Develop a territory plan and understand how to research accounts to craft personalized messages and book qualified meetings
By month 6 you'll
- Master conversational prospecting tactics and continue crushing your quota!
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our unique culture and vision for the future
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 0-8 months experience preferably in a sales or service based environment
- A proven understanding of how to work in a goal oriented team
- Willingness to try new things and “fall on your face” and the ability to succeed without all of the answers
- Demonstrated ability to receive continuous feedback and strive for improvement
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Something looks off?