Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Application Security Architect
Application Security Architect
Drift®, the Conversation Cloud company, helps businesses connect with people at the right time, in the right place with the right conversation. Using the Drift Conversation Cloud, businesses can personalize experiences that lead to more quality pipeline, revenue and lifelong customers. Drift brings Conversational Marketing, Conversational Sales and Conversational Service into a single platform that integrates chat, email and video and powers personalized experiences with artificial intelligence (AI) at all stages of the customer journey. More than 5,000 customers use Drift to deliver a more enjoyable and more human buying experience that builds trust and accelerates revenue. Representing less than 1% of unicorns led by Latino founders, Drift is building an equitable, enduring company to transform the way businesses buy from businesses.
Opportunity for Impact
Drift is seeking an Application Security Architect to help design, build, deploy and maintain secure products. We are ingraining security into the core of how we build our product from inception and design to deployment in the cloud and are seeking the right individual to.
This high visibility role will work closely with Product and Engineering teams performing core application security practices like threat modeling, design review, secure code reviews, defining security requirements, performing security testing, providing developers with remediation guidance and advice, while continuously improving our SDLC.
What you’ll be doing on the Security team at Drift:
- Drive activities like application security training, requirements & standards, threat modeling, static & dynamic security testing and so on, into Drift’s development processes
- Identify, prioritize and promote security practices that create the most impact in reducing overall security risk of the application
- Provide application security guidance and oversight across Security, Engineering & Product teams
- Provide hands-on remediation guidance to development teams
- Influence the design and implementation of upcoming products and services with security and privacy by design mindset
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to help prioritize and validate urgency of mitigation of identified product vulnerabilities and security feature enhancement requests
- Develop and report metrics measuring the state of application security program
- Understand existing SDLC and identify how to improve and streamline it
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Experience working with development teams to build secure solutions
- Experience breaking down complex systems and applications to find flaws
- Solid understanding of secure network and system design in AWS
- The ability to communicate complicated technical issues and the risks they pose to engineering, product, and senior leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Self-starter, positive attitude, ability to work independently, enjoys learning and staying current with industry developments, regulations and best practices.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a closely-related degree
- Experience as an application security architect in an Agile environment
- Experience with various development, debugging and application security tools (SAST/DAST) as well as manual testing
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Proactive, organized, analytical, detail-oriented and persistent
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our Founder.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $150K to $192K for Colorado residents only. Through a review of equity with other team members, market data, experience, knowledge, skills and the abilities of the applicant, the level and salary ranges may change. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at a percentage of the base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
For California candidates, attached is the link to Drift's Candidate Privacy Notice.