Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Data Center Technician
At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
What you’ll do:
- The successful candidate must possess a detailed knowledge of system and cable infrastructure plus various aspects of data center design and maintenance
- Organizational skills, procurement, asset tracking ,and participation in stand-ups with perfect attendance is also a must
- Must be a self-starter and have excellent communication skills
- Also, must be willing to consistently monitor work order output, generating quality metrics reporting, and making recommendations on process improvements
- As an essential worker you will be expected to report to the datacenter
- You’ll join a data center team providing coverage for New England based data centers but also provide mutual support as needed across any US based Datacenters
- Perform testing and troubleshooting for both copper and optical fiber installations
- Make recommendations based on applicable codes, standards, and best practices
- Implement the job plan and scope of work as well as perform retrofits and upgrades for existing infrastructure
Who you are:
- 1-3 years of datacenter/helpdesk support experience
- Prior experience in a datacenter or similar telco/noc environment, including best practices in racking, cabling, air containment, and general maintenance
- Extensive experience in computer hardware troubleshooting, component functionality, compatibility, and assembly. Knowledge of test suites, benchmark software, etc...
- Extensive experience in deploying RAID arrays with all common RAID levels, 0, 1, 5, 6, 10
- Rack and configure Linux, Cisco, and Windows servers in area data centers
- Perform server and network troubleshooting as directed
- Work autonomously to resolve hardware, software, and service issues
- Maintain documentation of all technology
- Keep data centers and shared spaces clean and organized
- Maintain and manage hardware inventory for the office and datacenters
- Project management skills a plus
- Knowledge of tools and applications such as Google Suite (Docs, sheets, gmail), JIRA, Device42, PuTTy
- Knowledge in ANSI/TIA-942-A Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Data Centers
- Industry certifications such as BICSI Datacenter Technician or Registered Communications Distribution Designer-RCDD, a plus
- Have knowledge of Data Center ecosystems including; networking, structured cabling, server configuration, installation and data center builds and critical Mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) infrastructure such as; UPS Systems, emergency generators, various critical cooling systems, computer room air handler and the electrical distribution
- Must be willing to be on-call as needed
- Must be willing to work off-hours for scheduled changes or break-fix emergencies
- Willing to travel outside New England if required
- We are committed to the health and safety of our employees and follow best practices during any emergencies. Office closures may arise, due to unforeseen circumstances including inclement weather, emergencies, and local/community restrictions. As an essential worker, you are required to work during office closures in order to maintain the continuity of our data center operations
This role requires splitting time between our Waltham headquarters or Bedford data center. Our data center will move to Lowell in 2024.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact email@example.com.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.