Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Systems Engineer
At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
Our Technical Operations team is growing! We have an immediate position available for a Senior Systems Engineer who has deep knowledge of the Linux OS, as well as a passion for DevOps, automation, and monitoring.
The Systems Operations team is part of the Technical Operations organization that supports our highly scalable Software as a Service platform. This individual supports the teams’ projects, develops code for automation, and participates in technical research and development. The ideal candidate will focus on collaboration, creative problem solving, and continuous improvement.
What you’ll do:
- Provisioning of operating systems
- Maintain, support, and improve containerized environments
- OS monitoring and trending
- Provide security patching and updates
- Configuration management using Puppet
- Build, test, and deploy automation code
- Configure, deploy, and run Open Source Software
- Maintain strong knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation with other team members
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience administering CentOS / RHEL
- 2+ years of experience working with Puppet / Ansible / Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience working in a highly available SaaS infrastructure
- Experience working with at least one major cloud provider (AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Solid grasp of protocols and concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, NAT, syslog, and load-balancing
- Experience patching CentOS and Redhat
- Ability to identify and remediate issues before they become a problem / impact our customers
- Experience with several of the following technologies: Nagios, Grafana, Yum, Kickstart, Git, Ansible, Bash, Ruby, and/or Python
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact email@example.com.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.