Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Mobile iOS and Android (Kotlin/Swift)
At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
An exceptional opportunity awaits within our Mobile team. We're actively seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to focus on iOS and Android platforms. Your expertise will be instrumental in leading the creation of our latest phone and tablet applications, leveraging Swift UI and Jetpack Compose for seamless user experiences. As a key player in our team, you'll ensure that our suite of applications remains at the forefront of excellence in Email Marketing. Your contributions to quality engineering and automation will redefine industry standards, making a lasting impact on our products and their performance.
Join us in shaping the evolution of our cutting-edge Cross Platform Editor – a pivotal tool that our customers rely on daily for their success. Your leadership will be the driving force behind innovation, as you integrate state-of-the-art technology and industry best practices into our development processes.
*This is a hybrid position where you will work at least 1 day a week from our office in Waltham, MA
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with product managers, UX designer, and peer engineers to understand the business and technical requirements of development stories, so, as a mobile quality engineer, you can:
- During sprint planning and grooming sessions, set quality guidelines for the feature user stories developed by the engineers in the team
- Verify the acceptance criteria have been met for the development stories every sprint. Work with software developers when the criteria has not been met to ensure the correct completion of a development story
- Be responsible for the delivery of the mobile apps, from regression testing, alpha and beta builds, to delivery in the Apple App store and Google Play store
- Work with the Constant Contact Mobile team to deliver integration test suites for Android and iOS devices (phones and tablets) that test the functionality delivered by software developers in the team, using the Kotlin and Swift programming languages, and the Android Studio and XCode development environments
- Integrate your work with the mainline of the application using Github pull request process
- Enhance the team’s test automation software with processes and quality software frameworks that increase productivity
- Understand the architecture of the Constant Contact toolkit desktop application - a Web application - and its relationship to the mobile apps in order to participate and affect quality framework architecture discussions
- Record the progress on tasks using the JIRA web product
- Participate in sprint planning and record estimates in JIRA
- Give demos of your finalized work to team members and stakeholders
- Promote and nurture quality software engineering practices by:
- Reviewing the pull requests of peer engineers and recommending good quality practices in Github
- Participate in pair programming for knowledge sharing and collaboration. ○ Document team software quality processes, and keep team practices and knowledge up to date in the Confluence web product
- Seek out learning opportunities like Android, Kotlin, Swift and mobile developer and quality engineering conferences and online courses.
- Mentor junior software quality engineers on the requirements of the job
Who you are:
- 6+ years industry experience in quality software development is required
- 1+ years experience programming in Kotlin is a must
- 1+ years experience programming in Swift is a must
- 4+ years experience programming in Java is a must
- 2+ years experience with Jira, Confluence and Github is a must
- 6+ months experience writing test software for mobile applications based on RxKotlin, RXJava, RxSwift and MVVM is a must
- Experience with deployment of apps to Apple App Store and Google Play Store highly desirable
- Experience working with Jenkins servers for CI/CD processes highly desirable
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.