Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Engineer Manager - Front of Site
At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
We have an opening for a Software Engineer Manager who will lead teams working on the platform that delivers our public website experiences. You and your teams will deliver functionality that is critical to the rollout of many of Constant Contact’s biggest initiatives. You will have the opportunity to guide tool selection, engineering practices, and strategy as we develop engaging experiences for our customers and prospects. You’ll work closely with your team’s Product Owner, UX Designer, and Scrum Master to ensure successful planning and execution of projects. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will develop the people on your teams to help them achieve their career goals while also fostering a culture of collaboration, ownership, and accountability.
*This is a hybrid role ideally looking for a few days a month spent in our Waltham, MA office.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, mentor, and foster a culture of continuous improvement and inclusive collaboration within a talented group of software engineers
- Oversee the development and timely delivery of cutting-edge, performant, and user-centric software solutions aligned with the high-quality standards of Constant Contact
- Modernize our tech stack and engineering practices by leveraging the latest technologies and methodologies to address our challenges efficiently
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices to drive continuous improvements in both process and technology
- Engage proactively with Product and Design teams to ensure alignment between the software we're building, our users’ needs, and the company’s vision
- Create a conducive environment for learning and growth, aiding in the personal and professional development of your team members
- Lead and participate in technical discussions and decisions, ensuring the right stakeholders are involved and well-informed
- Advocate for clean code, robust design, and efficient solutions to complex problems
Who you are:
- 8+ years of related technical experience with 3+ years of proven track record leading teams of software engineers and delivering high-quality software on time, showcasing strong managerial and technical leadership
- Ability to manage expectations, hold team members accountable in a constructive manner and foster a positive, transparent, and collaborative working environment
- Strong understanding of component API design, composition, and design systems; experience with Material UI is a plus
- A strong sense of performance tuning, A/B testing, and analytics would be a great plus
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact email@example.com.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.