Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Compensation Analyst
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
CarGurus is looking for an inquisitive, motivated, analytical Senior Compensation Analyst with the ability to creatively multi-task. Within this cross-functional and dynamic role, you will be a valuable member of the People & Talent Team and will partner with various stakeholders and conduct in-depth analyses to help build and deploy driven, compliant, scalable, and innovative compensation programs to support our thriving company, so we can attract, retain, and empower current and future Gurus!
What you'll do
- Assess alignment with internal and external total compensation data to ensure our program is internally equitable, externally driven, and continues to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Establish credibility as a subject-matter specialist and act as a trusted advisor throughout the business.
- Partner with business leaders across CarGurus, including but not limited to Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, Finance, and Accounting, to provide comprehensive insight, interpretation, and financial impact regarding compensation-related programs.
- Work closely to understand the business and provide proactive compensation analysis and solutions to address business needs.
- Use analytic tools to support leaders, managers, and employees in decision-making.
- Play a key role in the year-end compensation planning and performance review processes and provide direction for compensation changes related to Promotions and Adjustments.
- Assist with Annual Bonus and Equity planning projects and initiatives.
- Lead compliance with applicable regulatory requirements regarding employee pay while staying up to date on current related legislation (FLSA).
- Benchmark new and/or revised job descriptions, analyze internal and external data to resolve appropriate job level(s), provide salary recommendations.
- Lead annual compensation survey submission process, collect and maintain a live-library of market match codes within Workday (HRIS system) for ongoing, internal analysis.
What you'll bring
- A positive attitude, passion, and partnership with the People & Talent team.
- 3+ years of compensation-or-related experience with at least 3 years of program design experience.
- Maturity to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information.
- A solid understanding of the importance of data accuracy.
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence business leaders with insight through data analysis.
- Sophisticated ability in developing spreadsheets with formulas, functions, tables, and lookups. Build interactive tools to automate and improve processes and enhance analysis.
- Data-driven results- while navigating a fast-paced environment.
- Proven attention to detail and excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with HRIS and Compensation systems (prefer Workday, Radford).
- Experience with Equity Administration/Compensation is a major plus.
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus. #LI-Hybrid