Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
As a Consignment Specialist in PistonHeads, the role will work closely with the marketing, sales and commercial teams to consign and manage cars for the new PistonHeads Auctions product. You will help foster relationships and provide PHers with unrivalled customer service on both the buying and selling side of Auctions, instilling trust to all who use the PistonHeads Auctions, and negotiating deals where necessary. You will be able to bring your sales knowledge and skills to the premium, performance and classic marketplace to select and price cars appropriate for our audience.
What you'll do
- Pipeline building for Auctions through both inbound and outbound to fulfil the budgets set for the department and meet your individual targets
- Provide valuations and advise clients on the sale of their cars
- Manage and develop your client portfolio
- You like to research the premium, performance and collectible market, and keep an eye on pricing
- Maintain contact with established collectors and trade to encourage further business with PistonHeads, working alongside the sales team.
- Work closely with the Commercial Manager on all deals, proposals and client development initiatives, while ensuring that the requirements of the clients’ contract are met, from consignment to final payment
- Deal negotiations between buyers and sellers as part of auction lifecycle
- Assist on exhibition/meetup events as and when required
- Maintain an awareness of our competitor’s strategies to maintain the competitive position of this department in the market
- Work with the product and engineering team to continue to evaluate and improve the value proposition to buyers and sellers
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager on all marketing requirements
- Act with trust and integrity to match the brand values of PistonHeads and CarGurus
What you'll bring
- Good used car market and trend awareness
- A good level of specialist expertise achieved through a previous role
- Proven business acumen and valuation skills
- Functional working knowledge of the whole auction process and related procedures
- Flexible and receptive to change
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Able to work as part of team, and independently
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- An in-depth knowledge and love of cars is a bonus
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus. #LI-Hybrid