Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Digital Retail Performance Manager
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
As a Digital Retail Performance Manager, you will immerse yourself in dealership operations by working on-site in Indianapolis, IN with a trusted and loyal CarGurus dealer partner. Together with CarGurus and the dealer, you will approach the role each day with the mindset of a problem-solver, be unafraid to build, tear down, and rebuild processes, drive CarGurus lead conversion, and generally thrive in ambiguity. You will be responsible for testing digital retail product effectiveness, evaluating CarGurus lead management, and directly optimize the online to offline consumer experience. Through best-in-class partner relations and customer service, the Digital Retail Performance Manager will optimize lead management, act as the primary customer point of contact, identify areas of opportunity for the dealer and CarGurus simultaneously, and provide insights about dealership technology and processes relevant to digital retail. Our goal is to drive value and improve the consumer experience for the dealer, as well as support the dealer in out-of-market sales and conversion through a variety of CarGurus lead channels.
What you'll do
- Partner with CarGurus Digital Retail and other key team members to ensure the successful launch and optimization of digital retail products by acting as a CarGurus representative within a dealership partner
- Act as an on-site concierge for all CarGurus leads- Using existing knowledge of dealership operations, sales, and F&I process to close the gap between the online to in-store experience for shoppers
- Collaborate with dealership staff to gather CarGurus lead data and overall sales statistics to measure CarGurus lead effectiveness.
- Virtually collaborate with CG staff to resolve customer sales issues and proactively identify and resolve any bottlenecks
- Deliver actionable feedback to operations, product, customer support and other CG business stakeholders that drive improvements to operations, customer, or dealer experience
- Own the overall CarGurus digital retail lead lifecycle by reducing the time to close sales and growing the CarGurus digital retail leads closing ratio
- Be data-driven and consultative in quantifying the value of our service to our dealer partner by identifying opportunities for growth and improved results
- Work on-site at the dealer location in Indianapolis, IN
What you'll bring
- Prior automotive dealership sales and/or F&I experience
- 5+ years in a customer/consumer facing role
- Consistently execute proactive communication and follow-up with customers, the dealer, and CG stakeholders
- Ability to operate with a high level of autonomy and thrive in ambiguity, all while maintaining an ownership mentality
- Derive great personal and professional satisfaction by helping CarGurus dealer customers adopt dealer processes, tools, and technology
- Ability to effectively convey new concepts to the dealer and foster adoption of new processes
- Adept at compiling & speaking to data/performance metrics
- Great organizational & problem-solving abilities
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus. #LI-Hybrid