Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Manager, Field Sales Northeast
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Manager, Field Sales – Northeast is responsible for leading, coaching, and developing a high-performing sales team at the individual level. The Manager, Field Sales – East will be responsible for contributing to and executing the strategic direction as set forth by the Director, Field Sales and VP of Sales. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced sales environment with high-growth expectations concentrating on ever increasing complicated product offerings. The Sales Manager will own a segment of the business, and will be responsible to delivering against sales targets, while contributing to the successful rollout of new products to existing customers, renewal of existing customers and acquisition of new customer partnerships.
What you'll do
- Directly manage, coach, and develop a 6-person field sales team regionalized within the continental US.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to communicate the needs of CarGurus customers and product requirements.
- Utilize an analytical mindset that allows for deeper inspection of individual, team, and segment level pipeline development and forecasting.
- Bring a growth mind-set to the team while continually driving accountability, trust, and integrity.
- Spearhead the rollout of new products and programs, ensuring that reps are adequately trained and confident for significant client adoption.
- Effectively communicates, formally and informally, up and down the organization.
- Contribute to all aspects of sales management administration (forecasting, region reviews, etc.).
- Comfortable and proficient in the implementation of sales processes and methodologies.
- Continual spot coaching, as well as organized sessions in the interest of up-skilling members of the team on a professional, personal, and financial basis.
- Speaking engagements and face-to-face responsibilities as required
- Get in the trenches to strategize and help to move deals across the line with the team.
- Travel into market with team members to provide in-field coaching and development
What you'll bring
- BA/BS minimum.
- Previous management and leadership experience required.
- Track record of success and achievement in sales and other pursuits.
- Experience selling SaaS or other internet/technology subscriptions a strong plus.
- Effective user of technology tools, including CRM and Looker, to improve sales performance.
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his/her team.
- Exceptional credibility with previous team members and organizations.
- Strong track record of decisiveness and accountability in previous roles.
- Proven approach of providing servant leadership through emotional intelligence and “grit”
Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and in addition to benefits this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid