Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Tax Analyst will report to the Tax Manager and collaborate with various teams across the business as well as external partners. The individual should demonstrate strong teamwork, organizational/analytical skills, and an inquisitive nature.
What You'll Do
- Assist the Tax Manager with the tax reporting process, including data collection, workpaper roll-forward, SOX control assistance, tax memo updates, and other necessary support.
- Support identified ad hoc projects such as R&D tax credit studies, unclaimed property filings, sales & use tax research, and other emerging projects.
- Aid in federal, state, and international direct tax compliance, encompassing data collection, tax adjustment computation, state apportionment analysis, return review, and additional essential support.
- Manage responsibilities related to indirect tax compliance, including data collection, return review, and other required assistance.
- Collaborate on implementing standard methodologies and integrate acquired knowledge to encourage continuous improvement in processes, tools, communication, and training.
What You'll Bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. A CPA or pursuing a CPA, as well as a Master's Degree in Taxation, is advantageous.
- Preferably, prior experience in tax-related internships.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, inquisitiveness, strong problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills and an adeptness in professional and constructive interactions with colleagues.
- A highly motivated team player capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid