Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Strategy & BizOps Analyst
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
We are looking for a Senior Strategy & BizOps Analyst to support the growth and transformation of our Digital Wholesale business. Digital Wholesale is a transformative pillar of CarGurus – since the acquisition of CarOffer in early 2021, Digital Wholesale has been a primary growth driver for CarGurus and has tremendous runway to continue.
As a Senior Strategy & BizOps Analyst, you will work on critical strategic projects to enable the Digital Wholesale business to drive ambitious growth. This role is a blend of true business strategy and roll-up-your-sleeves work to bring that strategy to life. You will work closely with partners from Product, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Operations, and Finance to help guide key strategic decisions and implement business initiatives. A successful candidate will have broad-based business acumen, strong analytical skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally to drive business results.
What you'll do
- Work with functional leaders to set the strategic direction for Digital Wholesale – and then bring it to life on the execution side
- Conduct data-driven analysis, extracting key insights and presenting findings in a compelling way to drive critical business decisions
- Analyze business fundamentals and work cross-functionally to implement high-impact projects and ensure the business meets its KPIs
- Collaborate with Data Analytics and Engineering teams to enhance reporting infrastructure, build intuitive dashboards, and craft key metrics that define business success
- Establish organizational processes that create leverage for our teams as we scale the business
What you'll bring
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience; corporate strategy, management consulting, strategic finance, or banking experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field; Masters degree a plus
- A strategic mindset, able to take the 10,000 foot view of a business
- Willing to step outside your role and independently come up with novel ideas for the business
- You love digging into the data, translating quantitative and qualitative inputs into actionable insights and recommendations; P&L understanding a plus
- Ability to distill complex data into practical reports using data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc.)
- Proficient in using Excel and SQL for data analysis and transformation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – both in formal presentations to leadership and informal settings to influence teams
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and detail-oriented
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid