Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Business Systems Analyst II
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
As a core member of the Enterprise Application Architecture and Design team, the Business Systems Analyst II will play a pivotal role in optimizing and enhancing our lead-to-cash SaaS systems, Business Systems Analyst II serves as the crucial link between our business objectives and the technical capabilities of our systems. With a strong focus on architectural design, requirement design & analysis, and quality assurance, the ideal candidate will work collaboratively with various stakeholders to shape the future of our business processes and ensure they are efficiently supported by our systems.
What you'll do
- Requirements Design: Engage with stakeholders to collect and document business requirements, translating them into specifications in user stories with clear acceptance criteria. Collaborate with Technical Product Managers to build out user guides and training materials for end-users.
- Documentation: Create essential technical and business documentation, including application, data flow, sequence diagrams, entity relationship, and integration diagrams. Present system designs to both internal and external stakeholders for approval.
- System Analysis: Demonstrate a strong understanding of lead-to-cash processes, identify areas for improvement, and recommend solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
- Implementation: Collaborate with engineers as a member of the scrum team to implement technical solutions to meet business requirements and compliance regulations.
- Quality Assurance: Partner with QA to ensure thorough code testing and design test cases by applying test planning strategies.
- User Acceptance Testing: Collaborate with business stakeholders to document user acceptance testing scenarios and obtain sign-off prior to deployment. Assist with testing coordination and documenting defects in partnership with stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay up do date on industry best practices, proactively identifying opportunities for system optimization.
What you'll bring
- 2+ years of business analyst experience.
- Self-starter with proactive qualities.
- Problem Solver: With a keen analytical mindset, you're adept at identifying challenges and crafting effective solutions.
- Ability to navigate an ambiguous environment.
- Independent and capable of taking ownership and driving assignments, leading initiatives.
- Active listener.
- Business value-oriented.
- Effective communicator, both in written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable asking questions to understand business processes.
- Collaborative: You excel in a team setting, working seamlessly with various departments to ensure business requirements are accurately translated into system capabilities.
- Experience with Lead-to-Cash systems. Preferred experience with CRM, CPQ and ERP systems.
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid