Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Manager, IT Service Desk
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Global IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership and oversight to the Service Desk team and direct management of the Service Desk Coordinators. This role is expected to execute the planning, designing, and improvement of the Service Desk according to industry's best practices, while ensuring a high level of customer service across all offices. In addition, the Service Desk Manager will be responsible for ensuring the standards and processes in place are followed and effective, as well as staffing levels and coverage to meet support requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate the daily workflow of Service Desk Operations.
- Contribute to a quarterly roadmap adhering to business initiatives.
- Create and manage annual hardware budgets for the US, EU, and UK.
- Develop and implement Service Desk policies, processes and procedures to include responsibility for effectively communicating status of all Service Desk operations.
- Establish and manage processes to ensure effective support coordination between IT Service Desk and other lT teams.
- Develop Service Desk management strategies and needs, identifying staff, tools and support requirements as necessary to ensure that Service Desk operations and support processes are working as expected.
- Ensure Service Desk Coordinators are providing quality customer service and incident resolution in a timely manner.
- Oversee problem resolutions to identify trends or problem areas and ensure that support procedures are being followed; identify opportunities to eliminate issues.
- Coordinate effective project and knowledge transitions.
- Serve as point of contact for escalation on major service disruptions to the offices and ensure appropriate communication channels are used effectively to notify end users and stakeholders.
- Build and continually develop relationships with the teams across the organization.
- Evaluate key metrics, KPI's, perform analysis and provide reporting to leadership to drive consistency and an understanding of incident trends.
- Build out OKRs for the Service Desk team in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Collaborate with staff and leadership to ensure executions are effective and efficient.
- Direct and oversee the work of Service Desk professionals, including training, mentoring and ensuring professional development.
- Improve hardware/assets distribution strategy.
- White glove support and development of white glove support amongst Analysts.
- Establish continual service improvement plans, manage and track the progress of plans.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent professional experience.
- 4 years of experience providing end user support.
- Advanced knowledge of Service Desk operations using Jira Service Management and/or Zendesk
- Experience handling 3rd party vendors.
- Broad understanding of IT concepts, development practices, and architectures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to manage tasks simultaneously
- Windows and MAC OS support.
- Android and iPhone support.
- On-call and occasional hours outside normal business according to business needs.
- Experience supporting applications; such as – Salesforce, Dialpad (VOIP), Office365, Workday, Dropbox
- Experience with AV technologies; such as – Google Meet, Zoom, Skype for Business, WebEx, Poly
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid