Project Manager - Leadership Operations
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Strategy & Planning team is looking to hire an organized, highly motivated Project Manager to support the Leadership Operations efforts across the organization. This individual is responsible for coordinating and ensuring the execution and delivery of initiatives supporting leadership operations, as well as the creation of content aligned with the strategy of the program.
The Leadership Ops project manager will work with cross-functional leaders to drive the strategy of our leadership operations initiatives, create supporting content to drive initiatives forward, develop and maintain schedules for required deliverables, and drive the overarching engagement with the Leadership team to ensure strategy, structure, and content meet the goals of the initiative.
Beyond leadership operations, this individual will be responsible for the execution and delivery of high impact, high visibility projects that are cross functional in nature. Projects may include (i) researching new opportunities, (ii) furthering operational initiatives, and (iii) managing key cross-functional strategic projects. Responsibilities may extend to developing project strategy, coordinating project teams, creating, and maintaining schedules for required deliverables within projects, tracking project dependencies and status, as well as addressing risks.
This position is highly cross-functional in nature and will involve significant senior-level stakeholder management. It requires the ability to effectively communicate with executive management to drive strategy according to project and event timelines.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with project/event sponsor and cross-functional leadership, to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, project plan, budget, and timing for events and activities within the Leadership Operations function
- Manage events and activities within the Leadership Operations function including the planning and developing of scope, deliverables, required resources, project plan, budget and timing.
- Lead and inspire cross functional teams to achieve successful execution of content, managing and communicating the vision, purpose, and guiding principles as determined by the executive team.
- Work closely with leadership to create engagement programs and initiatives based on areas of strategic focus.
- Provide regular updates to project teams, leadership, and executive team on status, risks, and accomplishments.
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors.
- Work cross-functionally to track and manage dependencies and activities to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure stakeholder engagement and approval by establishing a clear project-specific approval process, decision tracking, and cadenced updates.
- Develop change management strategies and partner with key stakeholders on the adaptation of improved processes, conducting post-mortems at beneficial stages of the project delivery.
- Conduct event driven research as appropriate to ensure activities are aligned with specified goals.
- Create content and provide feedback to content creators to ensure deliverables meet the needs and expectations of project delivery
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience; corporate strategy, management consulting a plus
- Business judgment, analytical problem solving, quantitative analysis, organizational skills, and information synthesizing capabilities.
- Excellent project management and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects of complex scope in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications – clear and concise with the ability to present in formal and informal settings to influence teams, as well as executive stakeholders
- Strategic mindset, able to take a concept, develop an execution plan and bring idea to fruition
- Ability to problem solve and create structure in complex and sometimes ambiguous environments.
- You have on-the-ground know-how to get things done in a cross-functional organization
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and meticulous
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience in a consulting or chief of staff role
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid