Senior Product Operations Manager
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Product Operations Manager that will lead product research alpha/beta programs in addition to building out operational processes for the products to grow and scale successfully. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Operations, you will partner with Product Managers, Designers, and Marketing to execute product research and generate insights that will be used to influence the product roadmap. You will be responsible for building an agile framework for conducting user interviews, usability tests, and gathering feedback and insights that will inform product development.
What you'll do
- Manage all phases of research process including identifying participants for alpha and beta testing, project design, execution, analysis, and presentation of results
- Establish credibility as a partner who can translate insights into actionable product strategies
- Define goals, generate hypotheses, define metrics, execute, review and pivot based on experimentation/early signals, deliver against goals
- Work closely with product management and engineering to architect and implement effective, scalable product development processes for all project types
- Help bring the voice of the dealer and shopper to the Product team via quantitative and qualitative findings
- Prepare documentation for Product Releases with support from Product Managers
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in product strategy and operations in a marketplace company
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to develop insights from data and market research
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Experience with product related metrics and KPI’s.
- Experience in conducting product research and analysis.
- Prior experience in working with consumers and B2B domains would be a bonus.
- Ability to get hands-on when it comes to creating plans, running research and building dashboard using analytical tools
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and influence with a multitude of stakeholders across the organization
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid