Engineering Manager, AdTech
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
As the Engineering Manager for the Ads team, the role will be responsible for managing the team and for providing hands-on support in the implementation of ads in desktop and mobile platforms. The engineering manager will work closely with the Ad Operations team and stakeholders across the organization to make sure we are continuing this impactful business stream.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of talented engineers while providing technical leadership and mentorship to the broader team. The team is responsible for building our ads eco system of onsite, off site, rpm ads
- You will facilitate cross-team collaboration and will use your leadership expertise to drive groups with disparate interests to decisions, seeing these through to impact. You will make pragmatic decisions, balancing strategic and tactical needs
- You will be hands-on and contributing to your team's work
- You will help Senior Leadership manage engineering risk and make sure we are making the right trade-off decisions
- Accurately estimate and prioritize units of work and drive the incremental release of moderately sized projects. Contribute to roadmap definition
- Be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and improving software
- Advocate for new technology and new methodologies
- Work with third parties such as Meta/Google and help remove roadblocks as needed
- Continuously learn and expand your capabilities
- Have Fun!
What you'll bring
- Expert in the ad-tech industry
- Hands on ad-tech engineer for several years before leading a team for a year
- Able to tell the difference between programmatic, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and social ads
- Is able to work across multiple teams and with multiple stakeholders in the organization
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid