Digital Retail Performance Manager
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
As a Digital Retail Performance Manager, you will be an integral member of our growing Digital Retail team! Our Digital Retail team has been building products to help car shoppers and dealerships have a more pleasant and easy transactions. You will be responsible for testing digital retail product effectiveness, evaluating CarGurus lead handling, and optimizing the online to offline consumer experience. Through effective and efficient partner relations and customer service, the Digital Retail Performance Manager will uncover best practices for digital retail lead flow, act as the customer concierge through the vehicle sale, identify areas of opportunity for the dealer and CarGurus simultaneously, and provide insights about dealership technology and processes relevant to digital retail. Our goal is to drive value and improve consumer experience for the dealer, increasing volume of positive dealer reviews and consolidating consumer touch points through the purchase process.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Digital Retail and other teams (e.g. sales and product) to ensure the successful launch and optimization of digital retail products by acting as a subject matter expert
- Work closely with dealerships and consumers to drive Digital Retail offerings, provide support to consumers through the entire purchase journey
- Support various Digital Retail product offerings, shepherding consumers through the dealership sales process and coordinating delivery logistics
- Collaborate with both dealership staff and CarGurus teams to lead data and overall sales statistics to measure product usage and impact
- Own the overall CarGurus digital retail lead lifecycle by reducing the time to close sales and growing the CarGurus digital retail leads closing ratio
- Be data-driven in quantifying the value of our service to our dealer partner by identifying opportunities for growth and improved results
Who You Are
- 2-5 years of automotive dealership experience (preferably in sales or customer facing role)
- Ability to operate with a high level of autonomy and thrive in ambiguity
- Derive great personal and professional satisfaction from helping customers adopt new tools and technology
- Strong sense of customer service and engagement
- Ability to effectively convey new concepts and foster adoption of new tools
- Comfortable compiling & presenting data trends/performance metrics
- Sharp organizational & problem-solving abilities
- Proven track record to work cross-functionally and prioritize direction from multiple stakeholders
- Able to adapt to change in our constantly evolving business environment
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid