Technical Product Manager, Data Engineering
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Product Management team is looking for a Technical Product Manager to partner with our Analytics/Data Engineering teams as we evolve our data strategy to drive critical initiatives that will fuel our ability to innovate, move quickly, and stay ahead of the competition. You will be part of a small team of product managers who collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to deliver products and systems that directly impact the success of the entire engineering organization.
What you'll do
- Work closely with each of the sub-teams within the Analytics Engineering organization to support their unique roles in the analytics ecosystem at CarGurus
- Gain a deep understanding of our analytics stack and data architecture
- Co-own the team’s vision and roadmap; generate buy-in and facilitate cross-functional collaboration with a wide range of technical stakeholders.
- Ensure that prioritization of projects align with high-level strategies and business objectives.
- Maintain high levels of engagement with stakeholders through various forms of written and verbal communication, including project plans, status reports, and executive presentations.
What you'll bring
- 4+ years of product management experience, 1+ years working with analytics/data eng teams
- Understands developer culture and has a passion for improving complex, internal systems
- High emotional intelligence and ability to bring people together across varying personality types and work styles
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently, particularly in a highly cross-functional or matrixed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid