Regional Sales Director - PA Region
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
Regional Sales Director will seek to build relationships in the assigned geographical market with dealer decisions makers and automotive dealership groups. The Director's primary responsibility will be to represent CarGurus in a designated territory, consult with that territory's automotive retailers, reviewing on-line business practices, and consulting with dealership management and Internet department staff.
What you'll do
- Develop, preserve, and grow direct relationships in a designated geography through prospecting, sales calls, and relationship development and management
- Create and manage relationships with area automotive retailers by demonstrating value as an on-line marketing strategy consultant
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to dealer concerns and needs and following thru on prompt resolution
- Provide in-depth analyses and reports regarding field activities and dealership progress
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the product and operational teams on new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products
- Collaborate internally with various operational teammates to maximize client retention and relationship growth efforts
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of direct sales experience
- Automotive experience required
- Willingness and ability to travel on a frequent basis within a defined territory
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company
- Collaborative background working with various internal teammates to execute go-to-market strategy effectively and efficiently
- Proficient in Google Workspace
- Salesforce Experience a plus
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid