Data Platform Engineer II
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Data Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated Data Platform Engineer to evolve our modern data warehousing platform to world-class levels! As CarGurus enters the next phase of dramatic growth with new data sources, new business lines, and business acquisitions, we are looking for a candidate who is interested in revamping how we do data at the company.
What you'll do
- Gain a deep understanding of our evolving data and analytics stack.
- Understand and follow the decisions around the Data Engineering domain while providing input into strategic decisions around the overall data pipeline process.
- Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL/ELT) pipelines using Python, SQL and Airflow.
- Write clean data pipeline code with that is easily testable, understood by other developers, and handles errors.
- Partner with stakeholders / leads to develop testing.
- Collaborate with upstream data producers and downstream data consumers, and maintain a healthy work environment.
- Deploy and manage our data infrastructure using Terraform.
What you'll bring
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering, designing and building scalable and reliable data pipelines and infrastructure.
- Good Python programming skills. Good knowledge of SQL.
- Has experience working with cross-functional team environment.
- Good understanding of overall data pipeline system architecture and data modeling.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of workflow management tools like Airflow, Luigi etc.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile.
- Understanding of requirement gathering, analysis, code review, unit and integration testing.
- Great teammate, interested in sharing knowledge with other team members, and is curious about learning new technologies.
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid