Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Vice President, Engineering
About Boomi and What Makes Us Special
Are you ready to work at a fast-growing company where you can make a difference? Boomi aims to make the world a better place by connecting everyone to everything, anywhere. Our award-winning, intelligent integration and automation platform helps organizations power the future of business. At Boomi, you’ll work with world-class people and industry-leading technology. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact, and want to be part of building something big. If this sounds like a good fit for you, check out boomi.com or visit our Boomi Careers page to learn more.
Senior Vice President, Engineering
How You'll Make An Impact
The Senior Vice President, Engineering (SVP, Engineering) provides the organization with engineering-oriented strategic, operational, architectural, and product development support.
The SVP of Engineering is the custodian of the engineering culture and must be a respected technology leader with a track record of inspiring, building, and leading a world-class engineering team in a fast-paced, scaled environment. The SVP supervises the geographically distributed team of leaders, software engineers, quality engineers, architects, engineering operations, and associated technical resources and is accountable for all projects within the company's platform.
In addition, the role will develop the technology strategy and key performance measures, establish objectives for the product development and technology operations functions, and deliver results across objectives, initiatives, and development projects across the product portfolio.
The SVP reports to the Chief Product and Technology Officer and directly assists with all strategic, policy, and tactical matters relating to company performance, department supervision, budgeting and control, and financial performance within the engineering organization. The SVP will work across all business areas, including Product Management, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and Operations, to deliver innovative product solutions to the market and gain internal efficiencies.
What You’ll Do
- Creates and manages teams, processes, solutions, and products aligned with the product strategy goals of the company
- Improves products by making them more integrated, scalable, usable, flexible, and secure
- Follows emerging trends to ensure they are adopted as appropriate
- Masters and employs software engineering and development methodologies and software development excellence methods including, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and various other practices, methods, and tools as required. Constructs and adapts appropriate processes for usage within specific projects balancing quality, risk, speed, budget, delivery dates, personnel development, architectural complexity, supportability, and scope.
- Establishes world-class testing rigor to enable high-quality product and service deliverables, supportability, and customer experiences.
- Establishes and maintains a technology roadmap in support of product roadmap across all product lines that address technical debt and platform innovation with a rolling 3-year architectural vision that is updated regularly.
- Supports M&A initiatives, including both technical and product-level evaluation, diligence, and integration support and execution.
- Participates in critical decisions as an extended executive leadership team member and builds effective relationships with senior executives, key management personnel, and the Board of Directors.
- Reviews financial and performance data with management to achieve budgeted results and affect product development and technology operations changes.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the company's engineering and development initiatives.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization's business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations
The Experience You Bring
- Four-year college or university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum ten years of progressively responsible engineering management experience with day-to-day operations within the software, technology, or technology consulting and services organizations.
- Proven enterprise-scale executive with experience migrating products/clients from on-premise to SaaS.
- Expertise in Agile development, test automation, continuous integration, and SaaS performance/scalability.
- Clear and proven change management and leadership skills.
- Experience in the enterprise infrastructure, security, or other enterprise business to business technology platforms
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiating skills to quickly establish rapport and credibility at all organizational levels, including the C- and board levels.
- Excellent communication, analytic and problem-solving skills; sound business acumen and executive presence.
- Overall solid work ethic.
- Creative Problem Solver, able to adapt to challenges through collaboration and use internal stakeholders as a part of developing solutions.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and is comfortable navigating complex projects and assignments across various platforms and within different business segments of the organization.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master’s degree
- Experience with a mix of SaaS organizations (enterprise, start-up)
- Experience working within a private equity-backed company.
Aren’t sure if you’re a match? We know that impostor syndrome and the confidence gap can prevent us from meeting spectacular candidates — so don’t hesitate to apply; you could be the perfect fit!
Compensation and Benefits
Boomi is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Base compensation for this position in our corporate headquarters in Chesterbrook, PA begins at $268,983. This position is remote-friendly and, as such, final compensation will be determined by various factors including the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, and geographic location. An overview of our benefits can be found here.
Be Bold. Be You. Be Boomi. We take pride in our culture and core values and are committed to being a place where everyone can be their true, authentic self. Our team members are our most valuable resources, and we look for and encourage diversity in backgrounds, thoughts, life experiences, knowledge, and capabilities.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.