SAP / ERP - Technical Specialist (Presales)
About Boomi and What Makes Us Special
Are you ready to work at a fast-growing company where you can make a difference? Boomi aims to make the world a better place by connecting everyone to everything, anywhere. Our award-winning, intelligent integration and automation platform helps organizations power the future of business. At Boomi, you’ll work with world-class people and industry-leading technology. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact, and want to be part of building something big. Work from home, hybrid, or in an office — whatever works best for your role and your life. If this sounds like a good fit for you, check out boomi.com or visit our Boomi Careers page to learn more.
Sales Engineering Team Highlights
Build relationships with enterprise prospects, delivering presentations and demonstrations to articulate features and differentiators of the Boomi components.
Becoming a Boomi Subject Matter Expert requires a specialization into one or more specific components of the Boomi platform and are utilized as a shared resource to the various parts of the Boomi organization. The typical engagement is through the Field Sales Engineers, being brought into opportunities as a specialist resource when the requirements are beyond the typical SE ability (deeper expertise on Flow, ERP, B2B etc).
Team/We > lone wolf/I:
We promote teaming and supporting others in winning business.
You will have a myriad of resources (people and process) to obtain the technical win.
- What You'll Do (ERP / SAP Subject Matter Expert):
Internal consulting / guidance around ERP functional business models across industries including POC / POT, Custom Demo engagements and focused presentations.
- Conducts discovery, drives strategic conversations and manages the technical relationship with CxO Executives and IT decision makers in highly complex and high value accounts and establishes trusted advisor status.
- Qualifies the most complex sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Manages strategic technical evaluation/POC, exercising wide latitude to deliver solutions to meet customer’s enterprise business needs. Clearly articulates the benefits of the Boomi Platform from C-level executives as well as the technical decision makers / evaluator.
- As the SME for SAP, you will dive deeper into technical discussions around SAP integration capabilities, ABAP, BAPIs, IDOCs etc. and how Boomi solves those complex situations.
Provides input to other cross-functional departments pertaining to product requests and product enhancements as needed. Willing to interact with the product group as an advocate for the customer.
- Coordinates with Boomi Professional Services and/or Partners for technical sales support. Supports post-sale introduction to Customer Success and transition to the Professional Services and/or Partners as needed.
- Works with sales teams to help manage, support, and prioritize sales opportunities. Maintains account and opportunity updates within our CRM system.
- Works with the extended Boomi teams to make sure RFx documents are completed and the knowledge base of answers is maintained and verified periodically based on their technical subject of expertise.
- Coaches and enables Boomi Sales on how to deliver high-impact solution messaging. Assesses and verifies approach/method to selling Boomi products and services, strategizes with Sales reps around upcoming projects and how Boomi can fit.
- Supports field marketing activities including conferences, webinars, and Partner events. Periodically create whitepapers / blog entries / etc. within area of ERP / SAP domain expertise.
The Experience You Bring
Degreed professional in Computer Science, MIS, Information Systems or Business major with technical minor or relevant experience
- 10+ years’ experience designing, implementing or architecting within SAP
- Business processes functional expertise in multiple industries: Manufacturing, Logistics, Healthcare, Retail
- Ability to thrive in an environment where critical thinking and a curiosity for business challenges to pursue a solution using the collaborative environment and resources Boomi has to offer to advocate for their customers
- Business savvy to listen to our customers, understand, probe, then analyze our customer needs to demonstrate quantifiable business value
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to use solution-based selling (Great Demo, Whiteboard, etc.)
- Strong technical problem-solving ability along with an aptitude for analyzing technical concepts, translating them into business terms, and mapping business requirements to a technical solution
- General knowledge of common business systems and processes (lead to cash, requisitions, order management, etc.)
- Understanding of enterprise integration tools, middleware technologies, and application and data integration patterns including ESB, MOM, JMS, SOAP/REST web services, databases, Odata and ETLUnderstanding of, and experience with, cloud IaaS, SaaS, PaaS technologies
Preference of SAP, AWS, Snowflake, IFS, Google Cloud/Apigee, VMware, Workday, NetSuite, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics
- Demonstrated experience in one or more Integration softwareDatabase skills including SQL, data modeling and database admin
Aren’t sure if you’re a match? We know that impostor syndrome and the confidence gap can prevent us from meeting spectacular candidates — so don’t hesitate to apply; you could be the perfect fit!
Boomi is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The minimum base compensation for this position in our corporate headquarters in Chesterbrook, PA begins at $160,289 annually + applicable annual bonus. This position is remote-friendly and, as such, final compensation will be determined by various factors including the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, and geographic location. An overview of our benefits can be found here.
Be Bold. Be You. Be Boomi. We take pride in our culture and core values and are committed to being a place where everyone can be their true, authentic self. Our team members are our most valuable resources, and we look for and encourage diversity in backgrounds, thoughts, life experiences, knowledge, and capabilities.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.