Software Quality Principal Engineer - Connectivity
About Boomi and What Makes Us Special
Are you ready to work at a fast-growing company where you can make a difference? Boomi aims to make the world a better place by connecting everyone to everything, anywhere. Our award-winning, intelligent integration and automation platform helps organizations power the future of business. At Boomi, you’ll work with world-class people and industry-leading technology. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact, and want to be part of building something big. Work from home, hybrid, or in an office — whatever works best for your role and your life. If this sounds like a good fit for you, check out boomi.com or visit our Boomi Careers page to learn more.
Join us as a Software Quality Principal Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Bengaluru to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Quality Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software based on the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment. You will work with product management, other engineering teams, customer success and support on developing cutting edge new product features and enhancements across various areas of Boomi offerings.
Be a key member of an Agile team, collaboratively realizing features through the software development lifecycle
Guide and participate in design, development testing, and deployment of Boomi products and services including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported
Investigate and resolve complex customer issues
Work independently with a minimal level of guidance from technical leadership
Gather information to help formulate acceptance criteria, be a user advocate, and be comfortable challenging and discussing the intent of stories to surface edge cases and improve outcomes
Contribute to manual and automated testing suite to ensure future software stability
Take the first step towards your dream career with Boomi
- 10+ years experience in software quality assurance and testing.
- Advanced understanding of quality tools, data and processes with less guidance.
- Experience with API / backend testing and automation using Java.
- Experience in web application testing using frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Experience with Core Java, source control systems like Bitbucket, continuous integration tools(Jenkins/Harness), Build tools(Maven/Gradle).
- Experience with Web Services technologies including REST & SOAP.
- Experience with agile collaboration tools, such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Problem solving skills and advanced grasp of big picture impact in development of solutions.
- Understanding of Application Integration and/or Data Integration (ETL).
- Develop automated tests using JAVA (Selenium) & TestNG. Design efficient & reusable scripts in Selenium to be used across automated tests.
- Develop automated tests using ReST API frameworks such as RestAssured, Jersey, ReadyAPI, etc. Design efficient & reusable scripts to be used across automated tests.
- Hands on experience in Test Automation using Selenium WebDriver & Grid.
- Hands on experience in testing Web Services/ API's (REST, SOAP, and WSDL) & respective automation.
- Experience using Linux/Unix environments.
- Review test cases and procedures to ensure coverage of and conformance to business requirements.
- Execute testing as required & according to test plan and project goals. Communicate testing progress and results in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and continually improve quality assurance practices, including creation and update of documentation related to quality assurance processes and guidelines.
- Provide impact analysis and regression testing of software changes.
- Knowledge in Defect Lifecycle and Defect Management tool like JIRA, Zephyr, HP ALM, etc.
Be Bold. Be You. Be Boomi. We take pride in our culture and core values and are committed to being a place where everyone can be their true, authentic self. Our team members are our most valuable resources, and we look for and encourage diversity in backgrounds, thoughts, life experiences, knowledge, and capabilities.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.