Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Frontend Engineer, Ring Subscriptions
We are looking for an experienced full stack developer to join our team at Ring and hold an engineering leadership role.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in operating in an ambiguous space with strong technical ability, project management skills, and background in building products and APIs from the ground up. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should be innovative, have effective engineering leadership and communication skills, and be team oriented. You must excel in navigating cross-functional efforts and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into highly scalable, simple products that our customers will love. Through CI/CD we own our tools and have the ability to drive change through the entire lifecycle.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and build Web Application components for consumption and usage
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications through architectural input and mentoring peers
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team to define, design, and ship new features
- Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
About the team
The Front-end Billing team owns the Ring Protect Plan purchase and management experience for customers across the world on Ring.com. For our customers, we play a vital role in delivering a customer experience that our Neighbors (customers) love by ensuring that customers are informed around what our subscriptions provide and purchasing and managing our product is simple and transparent. For our business, we deliver a foundational capability that is critical to our ongoing success.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA
- 2+ years of computer science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis) experience
- Experience with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
- 1+ years of agile software development methodology experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.