Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Embedded Software Development Engineer - Connectivity, Ring
As a Software Development Engineer – Connectivity you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Vertically your ownership can span across application, device framework, connectivity stack, drivers and low level wireless controller coexistence and scheduler algorithms. Horizontally you will be given to opportunity to work and own connectivity solutions across all Ring devices spanning from Doorbells, Cameras devices to IoT Smart Home security solutions. You will work on Bluetooth BR/EDR and BLE protocols and network stacks like Thread, BLE Mesh and Matter and across use cases like presence, location and tracking.
You will work closely with the product management, hardware, operations, application, platform, cloud and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Ring Connectivity team is responsible for the connectivity related user experience and use cases across Ring portfolio.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences
- Implement high-quality power-efficient network stack, framework and application features for line-powered as well as battery-powered devices
- Implement the right metrics, debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously measure and improve on our solutions
- Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications for custom needs. Improve memory footprint, optimize driver, stack and application code
- Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware and RF architecture
Additional skills needed for the role:
- Proven track record with embedded Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE and TCP/IP Networking software
- Experienced with Linux kernel and the development and debugging of Wi-Fi drivers, supplicant and TCP/IP
- Development experience on Linux and RTOS platforms
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth coexistence
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Able to work closely with other developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions
About the team
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.