Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Development Manager, Data Management
At Amazon, we are continuously striving to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. At Ring, our Data Management (DM) team is at the heart of this goal, ensuring that we can harness the power of data to innovate and improve the experience for millions of customers around the world. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to build and lead a team of engineers.
Ring is expanding to Toronto and this role will be key to building out a team; hiring and developing the best while overseeing the development of cutting-edge solutions for collecting, storing, and analyzing vast amounts of data. This role will inherit existing services and build new services to enhance observability of across Ring devices, mobile apps, and cloud services.
If you are passionate about big data, have a proven leadership record, and want to make an enormous impact, this might be the role for you!
Key job responsibilities
• Hire and manage a team of talented software engineers in the design and development of data collection, storage, and analysis solutions
• Own the overall systems development life cycle
• Interface with senior leadership to develop and communicate long-term vision and goals
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to align solutions with business needs
• Ensure best practices and architectural guidelines are followed, with a strong focus on cloud-optimized solutions
• Mentor and develop engineers, ensuring career growth and opportunities
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Toronto, ON, CAN
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of working directly within engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.