Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Sr Workplace Manager, India, Ring-Workspace Experience
We are looking for a full-time Workplace Manager overseeing Ring’s India real estate portfolio, workplace experience, and space planning strategy. Candidate is a key contributor to the site operations across Ring India and will sometimes travel between domestic locations. This role combines real estate/construction management, portfolio strategy, project management skills, and team leadership including vendor relationship management. The successful candidate must operate as a trusted advisor to business leaders, and partner to Finance, HR, IT, Amazon facilities, and other internal/external teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced, vibrant, and engaging professional who is customer obsessed and will excel within an entrepreneurial culture – they have an ownership mentality, providing expertise, vision, leadership, exceptional communication skills, and have a vision for delivering a great work environment for the Ring team.
Key job responsibilities
● You will create and drive strategy and direction for agile facility management & workplace innovation to ensure consistency across functional teams and domestic locations – Ensure site operations are consistent with global program guidelines and vision; think globally, execute locally.
● You will serve as the Ring transactions liaison to Ring business leaders and internal Amazon facility teams to conceptualize large-scale space planning and project management, negotiate leases, and own the plan for commercial real estate optimization.
● You will create and drive strategy for Ring India’s branding and engagement experience. Ensure all locations support a hybrid, positive, and vibrant work environment for the team.
● You are to liaise with internal facility stakeholders to develop environmental health and safety, onsite workplace operations, and emergency plans in accordance with Ring’s workplace experience strategy.
● You are responsible for advising Sr. Managers and Directors on day to day, monthly, quarterly operational effectiveness via MBR/QBR forums and participate in OP1 planning process as well.
● You will provide leadership on decision making, root cause analysis, inspection and audit readiness, communication, management of planning/scheduling and assignment, and drive overall improvement of productivity. Drives organizational workplace experience changes.
● You are to manage annual domestic facilities capital and operating budgets, reporting monthly on budget performance.
A day in the life
● Review and advise leaders regularly on space allocations (agile and fixed seating) to forecast future seating and lab requirements.
● Liaise between India Amazon and Ring facility stakeholders to ensure high customer service standards with all suppliers and stakeholders, promoting transparency and accountability across these teams.
● Audit building operations, prototype security, and physical site access controls for corporate offices and labs by partnering with Amazon Corporate Security and GREF.
● Manage all branding and on-site engagement programs such as team office/lab interior designs, team branded signage and decor, space configuration & design, amenities, collaborative/parity events, swag, and overall experience.
● Develop employee-facing communications and change management around workplace protocols (ie. site access, seating options, office culture, prototype security, shipping, etc.) for all EMEA Ring sites.
● Research new products, laws, & regulations related to workplace innovation, for the purpose of recommending efficient purchases and increasing workflow efficiency.
● Manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously as well as being able to influence, and develop relationships at all organization levels.
● Track and report on metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness so the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner.
● Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance business needs versus technical and operational constraints.
About the team
Ring’s Workspace Experience team provides space and occupancy planning, lease management, facilities maintenance and management, workplace services operations, and PMO services across Ring’s Global Organization. As part of Ring's WSPEX leadership team, this key role will act as a general advisor to the Head of Global WSPEX tracking all reports, statistics, budgets; creating and tracking project plans for key projects, highlighting areas that require proactive attention relative to India.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bangalore, KA, IND
- 5+ years of facilities management, office management, corporate administrative services, or hospitality management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mechanical, operations, supply chain, business administration, or equivalent STEM field
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- ● Must have strong background in people management and supplier contract management
- ● Excellent interpersonal skills, organization skills, and strong analytical ability
- ● Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- ● Excellent PC skills: proficiency in all MS applications.
- ● Must be able to juggle responsibilities and strategize on efficiency and priority
- • Proven success working in a fast-paced startup environment
- • Facilities experience in a startup setting
- • Experience using Facility management software
- • Track record of successful lease negotiations
- • Demonstrable experience building corporate processes in a real Estate or Facilities environment
- • Implementation of process automation technology and work order ticketing systems