Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Quality Assurance Engineer II, Ring
Ring eComm team is looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented, and technically-savvy Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing web team.
The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, goal-oriented, and excited to support other internal team members. You take ownership of your work and are passionate about software quality, consistency, maintainability, and automation.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and develop test strategies to effectively qualify Ring products to meet high quality and release schedules
- Design and develop test plans for mid-size components, features, applications, device software or services with minimal feedback
- Train and prepare QA members team to execute test cases as per the release plan
- Develop reusable and reliable automated scripts and make them part of continuous integration / build systems
- Refine release procedures and conduct release tests to support continuous integration and delivery of core components, services and system across environments (Dev, QA, Staging, Production). Support preparing release notes for incremental releases and assist with reproducing production issues.
- Understand component test strategies for product architecture and where necessary, make quality trade-off decisions at the feature level
- Assist in automation of implemented frameworks
- Simplify and extend team development, test, and operations processes. Recommend and improve quality metrics
- Proactively report product readiness status to stake holders and effectively apply solutions that assess and mitigate quality risks for product releases
- Troubleshoot and isolate bugs to help developers research the root cause of problems, and track defects through resolution
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Irvine, CA, USA
- 5+ years of quality assurance engineering experience
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience as QA lead on medium to large sized projects
- 3+ years of experience with automation testing tools (Selenium Webdriver, Jenkins)
- 3+ years of experience with source control versioning systems
- Experience developing high quality test plans, test designs, test strategies, and test execution
- Experience in gathering test requirements to create detailed test plans and defining quality metrics to measure product quality
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Extensive experience in test automation, scripting, regression testing
- Knowledge in CI/CD processes and tools
- Experience with Tools / frameworks – Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, TestNG, TestRail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $91,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.