Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Technical Program Manager, Blink
As a Technical Program Manager, you will scope, plan and deliver projects contributing to the Blink family of products and services. You will be working with a talented team of implementation engineers and product and program managers, strategically managing project implementations from development stage to mass production. You will complete high-quality programs on time, while motivating team members and driving continuous improvement throughout the process.
Key job responsibilities
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across disparate groups with varied priorities.
- Partner with cross functional teams from inside and outside of Blink (Ring, Lab126, and Amazon Devices) to support planning, development and roll out of new products
- Create, maintain and disseminate project and program information to local and remote stakeholders.
- Define and track priorities and critical tasks, organize and run program and production meetings.
- Travel (post-COVID) up to 10% (domestic, some international)
About the team
Blink builds affordable, battery-operated and line-powered home security devices that sends motion-activated alerts and HD video to a smartphone. We are part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are hiring talented TPM's to grow our team in order to support our explosive growth and support new Blink products.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 5+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
- 2+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 3+ years of project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience managing technical projects in the domain of embedded systems development and/or IoT consumer product environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to successfully engage technical and non-technical stakeholders. Ability to succinctly summarize key findings
- Knowledge of software and hardware development process and lifecycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline. Project Management Certification (PMP) is a plus.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize critical tasks with a high attention to detail
- Strong meeting management and negotiating skills
- Proven ability to manage and develop high performing teams
- Experience with MS Project, Atlassian ToolSuite (Confluence /JIRA)
- Experience working with senior management and customer support teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.