Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Content Creator , Blink
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos. Our mission is to provide peace of mind for home owners while they are way from home using our wire-free, battery-operated smart home security cameras.
The Content Creator assists our team of support associates by maintaining a library of support content that translates complex processes and policies into easy-to-find and follow references. The ideal candidate will have experience creating and managing content in a structured authoring tool and content management systems. They will also possess demonstrated project management experience and the strong ability to use sound business judgment to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances.
Key job responsibilities
- Partnering with technical, product, and business teams to gather information for support content
- Writing superior content that enables support associates to perform their job with minimal ambiguity
- Using a combination of data analysis, user research, benchmarking, and content audits to identify
- high-impact opportunities for improvement across all content areas
- Partnering with our business intelligence team to provide reporting on content usage
- Participating in continuous improvement projects related to content accessibility, usability, and updates
- Addressing requests from associates for updates or corrections to content
- Helping script narration for multimedia training as needed
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location - FL | Virtual Location - GA | Virtual Location - NC | Virtual Location - SC | Virtual Location - TX
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience creating support content or technical documentation
- 3+ years' experience using content management systems (CMS), Basic HTML, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- 3+ years experience working with complex technical subjects and converting them into content that is easily consumed by customers
- Excellent people skills; able to work with internal and external teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research, scope, prioritize, and lead multiple projects at the same time
- Experience developing support content for contact center associates
- Experience creating DITA content
- Experience using markup languages (e.g. XML)
- Experience with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Experience using data, feedback, and focus groups to improve support content quality
- Structured authoring tool experience
- Experience storyboarding for eLearning or multimedia content
- Experience creating videos, illustrations and other visual communications
- Managing time to meet project deadlines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.