Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Development Manager, Ring Solutions
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Manager who has experience managing a full stack team of engineers building Ring Smart Lighting products and features. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your team’s deliverables.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Manager who has experience managing engineers working on cloud services. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and ensure the highest level of quality for your team's deliverables.
- Leading a team focused on high quality distributed system software for large scale applications
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
- Leading architecture and design of systems.
- Work across teams to manage dependencies and align on engineering work and timelines
- Collaborating with business, and other internal teams to define and own features.
- Proactively solving day-to-day challenges and exercise sound judgment.
- Removing barriers to execution for the team.
- Defining and executing on process improvements to allow the team to improve over time.
- Mentoring, hiring, and retaining excellent engineers.
- Driving best practices and engineering excellence.
A day in the life
The Software Development Manager will work with their team to deliver new features for the Ring Smart Lighting product line. You will work closely with your product manager to prioritize and schedule engineering work. You will be responsible for all engineering team members, coaching and mentoring as they work to execute a set of agile stories to realize the requested features. You will also work with your direct reports to remove roadblocks, help with career development and coach the team on best practices and agile processes.
About the team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- 8+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience managing engineers
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).