Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Business Intelligence Engineer, Ring BI
You should have superb analytical, technical, business and communication skills to be able to work with finance, business and technology leaders to define and prioritize key business questions, build data acquisition processes, data sets, statistical models and analyses that answer those questions. This role requires an individual with deep marketing background, exceptionally strong quantitative modeling skills and experience using statistical methods to produce actionable customer insights. The successful candidate will be a proven analytics leader who is comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with senior business and technology leaders to develop data-driven business strategy
- Experience with financial analytics concepts like LTV modeling, ROI analysis, forecasting, etc.
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- Deliver insights to help shape strategy across a wide spectrum of business and technology areas
- Lead research and development of foundational business enablers, including: unit and revenue forecasting, DSI analysis and projections, sales analytics
- Oversee planning and execution of self-service analytics data infrastructure roadmap using Tableau
- Provide guidance and thought-leadership on analytical best practices to team members and business partners
- Work with a Data Engineering team to build requirements for data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analysis and reporting
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement
- Building robust tracking of our spend, subs, and revenue data that allows our finance and category teams to adjust their spend decisions over time
- Building predictive models that allow us to predict LTV and revenue over multi-year timeframes
- Manage a roadmap for our finance analytics framework
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 10+ years of professional or military experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Experience programming to extract, transform and clean large (multi-TB) data sets
- Experience with theory and practice of design of experiments and statistical analysis of results
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python) and advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with theory and practice of information retrieval, data science, machine learning and data mining
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
- Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $104,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $202,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.