Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
IT Application Development Engineer
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates in Gdansk, Warsaw Poland.
Key job responsibilities
- As an Application Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development and launch of some of the core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
- The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Gdansk, POL | Warsaw, POL
* 5+ years of software development or technical support experience
* Own support activities for services and regularly work with development teams to establish and improve service support
* Should have in depth understanding of software development principles, design patterns and best practices
* Understand/debug existing code and should be able to write clean and efficient code
* Good understanding of relational database management systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL using SQL is essential
* Familiarity with software testing principles and experience in testing is valuable
* Provide technical guidance and mentor junior engineers
* Should be able to analyze complex technical solutions, propose innovative solutions and guide resolution process
* Should be able to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams, stakeholders and clients
* Able to handle high impact incidents, perform pattern, root cause analysis and drive to logical closure
* Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone or screen-shares
* Exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people and roles from junior engineers to senior leaders
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* Strong understanding of support processes SLA, handling tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics.
* Hands on experience in Cloud technology is plus.
* Hands on experience distributed applications/enterprise applications is plus.
* Experience in developing automated solutions
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.