Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Development Engineer
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer who will help us create the next generation of apps, and services. In this role, you will work as a part of the Ring backend team working closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, and product managers to design, test, learn, and iterate on solutions in a fast-paced environment.
The Ring backend team is responsible for the heart of what drives the experiences our Neighbors use to interact with our doorbells, cameras, and other devices. As an engineer with the Ring backend team, you will get to build low-latency systems with the required uptime of a security system. You will also get to work alongside a talented team, invested in making each other successful, as well as building revolutionary features for our products.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and document distributed systems and microservices.
- Implement robust and maintainable code with clear and maintained documentation.
- Deliver customer value in iterative fashion while working towards longer term systems to solve roadmap goals with increasing efficiency.
- Communicate status and changes to the work they are responsible and accountable for, keep all stakeholders informed of changes and updates to original plan.
- Implement test automation on all code implemented through unit testing and integration testing.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Madrid, M, ESP
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.