Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Technical Program Manager, Sidewalk Network Services
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to help our multi-site software development teams build the platforms that power Amazon Sidewalk. You must love writing and be prepared to write and present executive-facing documents including organization-wide product requirement documents, business reviews and operational plans. You will work closely with our global teams to plan and coordinate the execution of complex projects, while simultaneously keeping your team focused on meeting their own commitments. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and help design components and building blocks to ensure secure software features. Technical Program Managers at Amazon Sidewalk must be capable of sorting through many competing priorities, defining processes that improve execution, championing Engineering best practices, executing with agility, and succeeding in a complex and fast paced environment. You will get the opportunity to have true ownership and effect real change to Amazon Sidewalk as it grows, dive deep to understand the underlying technologies influence technical architecture/design decisions. If that challenge excites you, then we’d like to talk to you.
A day in the life
- Collaborate with Business, Engineering, and other internal teams to solve business needs
- Work with local and remote teams to investigate and design cloud-based features and solutions
- Focused on the system development cycle and key performance metrics
- Regularly communicate to executive management both verbally and in writing
- Dive deep into the technical details of multiple programs
About the team
Our team manages Amazon Sidewalk and includes the Network Operations Center, Sidewalk360 Tools, the Data Team (Splunk) and the Data Science team that provides our coverage maps and other tools.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Malvern, PA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 7+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
- 5+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of technical program management working directly with software engineering teams experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management experience
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses and reporting to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $119,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $231,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.